This 20 minute spicy baked peanut ginger chicken recipe is a delicious quick dinner the whole family will love (you can customize the heat level to your liking, and if some like it super hot, just bring a bottle of hot sauce to the table!)
What I love about this spicy peanut ginger chicken recipe is that it can be made in 20 minutes in the oven! OR, you could leave it in the slow cooker and have it ready for you when you get home.
The tasty flavor combination in the sauce of peanut butter and ginger are taken to the next level with hot sauce (or chipotle sauce).
For those that don’t like it too spicy, not to worry, you can only add a little for flavoring. But if you like things with the heat turned up, feel free to add extra!
When I recently did a reader survey, a huge majority of people said they wanted to see more 30 minute or less recipes. This baked chicken recipe definitely falls in that category.
I like using 5 minute rice, so that when I put the chicken in the oven to cook, I make the rice, and then everything is done at the same time.
If you’re looking to introduce your family to some delicious flavors, this 20 minute spicy baked peanut ginger chicken recipe is a great place to start!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (2-3 chicken breasts), cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup warm water (microwaved for 1 minute)
- ¼ cup smooth/creamy peanut butter
- 1 teapoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (or ¾ teaspoon ground ginger) - I like to use ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce or chipotle sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari if GF)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut up chicken and place in a baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave water for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and add remaining ingredients through soy sauce (peanut butter, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and soy sauce). Whisk to combine.
- Pour over chicken in baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- For slow cooker/crock pot instructions: add chicken to a crock pot, make sauce and pour over chicken, cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is done (when a meat thermometer registers 175 degrees).
- Serve over rice with cilantro as garnish.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!