We all love a good salad, but hate when they end up taking like 20 different ingredients to prepare. That’s what this baked bbq chicken and avocado salad is the best. It tastes so good and comes together with 6 simple ingredients!
This easy baked chicken and avocado salad is one the whole family will love.
What ingredients do you need for a bbq chicken and avocado salad?
- Chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce
- Romaine/coleslaw lettuce mix
- Tortilla strips
- Ranch dressing
To make the chicken for this salad, simply put bbq sauce on chicken breasts and bake them while getting the other salad ingredients ready. You can just pick your favorite bbq sauce and use that on the chicken. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy!
What are some time-saving tips when making this salad?
- You could just pick up a rotisserie chicken and brush some bbq sauce on it if you don’t have time to bake your chicken
- Buy pre-cut greens – the bag we like to use is called “fancy greens” – yup, that’s the actual name on the bag. It includes pre-cut romaine lettuce and a coleslaw mix and has tons of carrots, which is great!
- You could also use a bag of romaine and then a bag of coleslaw and mix them together.
This baked bbq chicken and avocado salad could also be made into a sandwich or wrap. Taking the same salad ingredients and simply putting them in a tortilla is a great way to get kids to enjoy the same food that you’re eating!
If you’re looking for an easy salad the whole family will love, I’d definitely recommend giving this baked bbq chicken and avocado salad a try.
And if you’re a fan of salads, here are a few other easy salads you might enjoy:
- Grilled chicken green goddess salad
- 5 Ingredient flank steak charred corn salad
- Steak and nectarine salad
- Crispy chicken and arugula salad
- Spinach salad with soft boiled egg and bacon
- Yogurt lemon chicken and feta salad
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Salad Recipe
- Healthy & Filling Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Baked BBQ Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 2 chicken breasts large
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1 bag romaine/coleslaw mix about 4 cups
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips (Santa Fe flavored are amazing!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- On a non-stick baking sheet place chicken breasts, spoon/brush bbq sauce on top of chicken breasts and place baking dish in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. While chicken is baking, put greens in a bowl. Slice avocado and put on top of greens.
- Remove chicken from oven and slice and place on top of greens.
- Sprinkle tortilla strips on top of salad and drizzle on ranch dressing.
- Serve in 4 bowls or as one big salad, family style