Talk about a super simple side dish that is perfect for holidays like Easter or Thanksgiving, this 5 ingredient slow cooker glazed carrot side dish is everything you’re looking for! These slow cooker glazed carrots are a great recipe for a crowd – even for people who don’t normally love to eat their vegetables. They’re slightly sweet with a salty crunchy topping of crumbled up butter crackers.
This recipe is so easy, seriously, I think my kids could make it on their own. It’s just that simple. Since any Mom out there is always looking for ways to feed their kids more vegetables, this dish is a great way to do just that!
What ingredients do you need to make glazed carrots?
- Baby carrots
- Butter crackers (like Ritz)
- Brown sugar
- Garlic salt
I love using slow cooker/crock pot recipes when I’m cooking for the holidays. The days always seem to fly by and slow cookers make it that much easier to set it and forget it (plus it frees up precious oven space). For example, any time I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner, I use this recipe for a slow cooker sweet potato casserole. It reminds me of this carrot side dish because both are just super easy.
In case you’re curious, I use this slow cooker and it has been my trusty side kick for many years. I highly recommend it (I legit have two).
A version of this recipe was originally shared with me by a friend whose grandmother would make glazed carrots with a buttery Ritz cracker topping on Thanksgiving. Growing up, we had an old family friend who made glazed carrots for every occasion, so I was familiar with glazed carrots, but the Ritz cracker topping, oh my goodness, it takes glazed carrots to a whole new level!
How to make 5 ingredient slow cooker glazed carrots with a ritz cracker topping:
- Put carrots, brown sugar and butter into a slow cooker/crock pot
- Cook on high for three hours, stirring halfway through
- Remove lid and stir.
- Mix topping (crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter)
- Top carrots with buttery cracker crumbs, serve and enjoy!
Grab a slow cooker and make these delicious 5 ingredient crock pot glazed carrots side dish!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Roasted Carrots Topped with Pesto Quark and Honey
- 5 Ingredient Cinnamon Spice Roasted Carrots
- Baked Chicken, Potatoes, Carrots and Herbs from the Farmers Market
5 Ingredient Glazed Carrot Side Dish
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter cut into sections
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3.4 ounces Ritz crackers one sleeve, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place baby carrots into a slow cooker/crock pot. Add brown sugar and butter
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH and cook on high for three hours. Stir halfway through.
- After three hours, remove the lid of the slow cooker, stir, and leave the lid off for 10 minutes. During this time, make the topping
For the topping
- Melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in garlic salt and crushed Ritz crackers (to crush the Ritz crackers I just crumble them with my hands).
- Sprinkle topping on top of carrots and serve. Alternatively spoon carrots into a serving dish and top with the buttery crushed crackers and serve.
[…] 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Glazed Carrot Side Dish […]
[…] hosting Easter – check out my post for 5 Ingredient Glazed Carrots for the full story. And while you’re at it, add those glazed carrots to your Easter […]