Making and sharing a recipe that’s been in my family for years is one of my favorite things to do. This recipe for 5 ingredient stuffed mushrooms with stuffing is just that. My family has been making these for the holidays for as long as I can remember and I still make them every year. Stuffed mushrooms with stuffing are an easy holiday appetizer or vegetable side dish everyone will love.
When recently making this, the kitchen filled with the delicious smell that I remember so fondly from childhood and I couldn’t help but smile!
To some people, the texture of mushrooms can be off-putting. I know plenty of people that like the taste, but don’t appreciate the assumption that mushrooms are slimy. Well, this recipe has been tested with one of those people and she has confirmed that the texture didn’t bother her! The stuffed mushrooms with stuffing have just the right mixture of textures where, when combined, it makes the perfect bite.
I feel like people only think to use stuffing around Thanksgiving, but I love using stuffing year round to help create rich, comforting dishes, like my 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing recipe. Stuffing has such great flavor that it kicks any dish up a notch.
Depending on the size of your mushrooms, you may end up with a little extra leftover stuffing mixture. You can simply enjoy it on the side or stuff those mushrooms extra full!
When I am hosting a party, I am quite thoughtful about the food. You don’t want to serve something that’s going to be too hard for people eat, you want little bite size things. So, for parties, these mushrooms are obviously on my list of “pop them in your mouth” approved apps. A couple of my other favorites are:
Once you’ve cooked these 5 ingredient stuffed mushrooms with stuffing, you will end up with a crispy, buttery- stuffed mushroom that you could easily eat 10 of, they make an amazing easy 5 ingredient appetizer or vegetable side dish!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Balsamic Mushrooms over Arugula and Cheesy Polenta
- Easy Mushroom Gravy
- Sausage Puff Pastry Appetizer Recipe
- 16 oz baby Bella whole mushrooms or could do white mushrooms
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped finely to go into stuffing
- 6oz box stuffing (I used Stove Top brand, any brand will do)
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons butter)butter, divided (1/2 stick butter for stuffing and 1/4 for using in the mushrooms)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat over to 350
- Clean mushrooms - wash and remove stems. Save stems to chop up and add into stuffing mixture (optional)
- Prepare stuffing, according to instructions on box. Instead of cooking water and butter, cook celery and butter together first. Add mushroom stems (if using) into butter and celery mixture, then add the water and stuffing and prepare like the box says.
- Set cleaned mushrooms in baking dish. Dab a dollop of butter in the bottom of each mushroom and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Add stuffing mixture on top of butter and use a spoon to press about a tablespoon of stuffing into the mushroom cap.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until stuffing begins to brown a little and mushrooms are starting to get tender. Remove from oven and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.