This candied nuts recipe is one of the easiest ways to make a quick treat for any get together. Plus, if you’re looking for a great food gift, look no further than these nuts.
I love the smell of candied nuts as you walk past outdoor street vendors or markets. Every time, the smell temps me into buying some so I knew I needed to try to make some of my own. And I’m glad I did – they are so easy!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- Mixed nuts – you can also use any single nut like almonds, pecans or walnuts
I personally love giving food as gifts. It’s such a thoughtful thing you can do and anyone can enjoy – we all have to eat, right!?
These candied nuts make an awesome, easy gift. Plus, here are a few other great food gifts if you need some inspiration:
- Peppermint fudge
- Chocolate turtle Chex mix
- Peanut brittle (without needing a candy thermometer!)
- and even more ideas here
How do you make candied nuts?
- Line a baking sheet (these are my fave) with parchment paper or wax paper. Have 2 forks handy to separate nuts.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Then add the water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the nuts and continue stirring over medium heat until they become shiny looking. They will look dry. When the nuts look ½ shiny and ½ dry, that’s when they’re done.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared baking sheet and separate with 2 forks.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!
For full instructions, make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Why are my candied nuts sticky?
- The trick to getting these nuts to not be sticky is to know just when to take them off of the heat. Use the above picture as a good guide. The nuts look 1/2 dry and 1/2 shiny – that’s when they’re done!
When the holidays roll around, I love all of the smells that fill the house, but I especially love all of the baking smells. These nuts will fill your house with a warm, cinnamon aroma while you patiently wait for them to bake and cool so you can sneak a taste.
Enjoy some holiday baking with this delicious candied nuts recipe!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Gingerbread candied bacon
- Salad with candied nuts or seeds
- 5 ingredient peanut brittle without a candy thermometer
Candied Nuts Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mixed nuts or any single nut you prefer, like almonds, walnuts or pecans
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Have 2 forks handy to separate nuts.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Then add the water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the nuts and continue stirring over medium heat until they become shiny looking. They will look dry, when they look ½ shiny ½ dry, that’s when they’re done.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared baking sheet and separate with 2 forks. Allow to cool, then enjoy!