I don’t know about you, but to me, peppermint screams the holiday season! Peppermint Mocha’s are out at Starbucks and candy canes are everywhere. I, personally, love peppermint so I’ve added it to some semisweet chocolate and made an amazing peppermint fudge which is perfect for a food gift.
This fudge tastes delicious, but also looks super festive and beautiful. I wrapped some up and gave them as gifts to a few special people.
I’ll even share with you how to do that so you have a simple gift checked off your list.
How do you make this peppermint fudge?
- Line pan with foil and grease foil.
- Mix semisweet chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Melt in a pot.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peppermint crumbles and vanilla.
- Spread mixture into pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Lift foil from pan and cut into 1-inch squares
This peppermint fudge is rich so the small bites are the perfect size. Plus, if you sneak two of them, you won’t feel as guilty 🙂
If you prefer thicker fudge, you can simply double the recipe and pour into the same size pan.
And, because I love to give the gift of food for the holidays, I wrapped some of this fudge up in adorable little packages to give to a few co-workers. All I did was use basic wax paper and twine. Simply tear off a small sheet of wax paper, lay four pieces of fudge face down (this will ensure that the beautiful peppermint shows through the top of the package). Fold the wax paper around the fudge and tie with twine. For an added touch of festive flair, I tied on a mini candy cane.
Looking for another amazing food gift idea? Check out my red wine brownies in a jar post which shows you how to make brownie mix that you gift with a bottle of red wine!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Peppermint Fudge - Perfect for a Food Gift
- 1 tsp butter or cooking spray to coat the pan
- 1 package 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil; grease foil with butter or cooking spray.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine semisweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk over low heat. Stir until melted. Remove from heat, add in vanilla extract.
- Stir in 3/4 of the peppermint candy cane pieces and stir.
- Spread into prepared pan. Top with remaining peppermint candy cane pieces.
- Refrigerate, covered until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan.
- Remove foil; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.