If you love bananas foster as much as I do, then this bananas foster party Chex mix recipe is the snack for you! I seriously can’t believe how much it tastes like the traditional dessert, and turned into a party Chex mix. Your guests are going to love this unique and delicious recipe (that also happens to be a completely gluten-free snack recipe!)
This bananas foster Chex mix packs such a crunch and only takes a few minutes to make! I suggest keeping some on hand for after school snacks or to give as a good gift.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
- Honey Nut Chex cereal
- Cinnamon Chex cereal
- Pecan halves
- Dried banana chips
- Brown sugar
- Banana extract – optional
- Rum – optional
I was in the check out line at the grocery store and spotted the Taste of Home Homemade Gifts booklet and I had to pick it up. I am so glad I did! It is full of amazing recipes that double as gifts. This bananas foster party Chex mix recipe is no different.
Because this mix is so delicious and easy to make, I love giving it as a gift. And, how perfect are these Reynolds wax paper sandwich bags to pack it in?. All I did was use the bag and tied it with a bow for the cutest little gift.
How do you make a party Chex Mix?
- Combine Honey Nut and Cinnamon Chex with pecan halves and dried bananas chips.
- Melt butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in the microwave.
- Stir in some extracts for added flavor and combine – this step is optional.
- Microwave everything together and then let it cool.
If you’re craving a traditional Bananas Foster dessert, but don’t have time to make it, try this snack mix and you won’t be disappointed!
This bananas foster Chex mix makes a great snack or addition to any party spread! And, this is a completely naturally gluten free snack recipe!!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Bananas Foster Party Chex Mix Recipe
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter cubed (5 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar light or dark is ok
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract optional
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract optional
- Place the first four ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in the middle.
- Stir in extracts. Pour over the cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave cereal mixture on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Spread onto baking sheets to cool.