This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I am sharing some Halloween fun (including costume pics), and celebrating a big Anniversary. Check out what happened this week!
Big news this week is that we got Freddie IN a Halloween costume! LOL!
Last week, I shared his meltdown over a costume (the elephant costume he had repeatedly requested) so when he kept saying ‘pumpbump’ – pumpkin – we were skeptical, but just look at this little pumpkin!
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com:
- Seasoned oyster crackers – the best, most addicting, and easy snack to make
- Weekly meal plan – full of delicious recipes and an easy-to-create grocery list!
- 10 years blogging – what a fun walk down memory lane
- Chicken spaghetti casserole – made in an Instant Pot and perfect for a chilly fall night
- Love List – weekly finds from around the web
- I have been craving frittatas – so I made this easy 5 ingredient one and then I’m getting the ingredients to make this sausage and salsa frittata next time I go to the store.
- As the weather gets colder I’m all about risottos (something I never used to make!) My two favorites are
- If you have any Halloween parties to head to this weekend, keep these two recipes handy for any Halloween party: pumpkin spice latte chocolate chip cookies and this seasonal snack mix!!
It’s time for squash recipes! Squash is notoriously hard to peel and clean. Recently I discovered peeled/cubed squash at the store in the fresh vegetable section. Fresh is best, but just sharing that find.
- I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve made this freezer butternut squash soup it’s simply the best – freezes really well and just YUM!
- This sheet pan dinner couldn’t be more fall/winter flavors and amazingly easy!
- We make this every fall/Thanksgiving as a side – simple roasted squash and sweet potatoes
- An older recipe but oh man, so good, butternut squash lasagna
- One of Nick’s favorite recipes I’ve ever made is butternut squash gnocchi
Perfect for apple season!
- “Just made these with apples and cinnamon. They were delicious and easy to make. Put some whipping on top and gobbled them down. Gonna try other fruits next time.
- Look how beautiful this re-creation of my German apple cake is!
- How fun is this tape that looks just like a road?! The kids love to play with cars and this is a great, inexpensive way to play…especially if you don’t have a lot of space.
- I can’t remember crying so much at other memoirs, this one was good, finally finished Open Book by Jessica Simpson!
- Patiently waiting for Laine Moriarty’s new book called Apples Never Fall from the library, cannot wait!
- Adding The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews to my winter reading list, it sounds super cute and festive, and it’s a short novella!
- Halloween boo at the zoo– The zoo put on this cool event where they decorated the zoo and one could drive through. The kids dressed up and we had a blast!
- Indoor bowling- At the twins’ school they do indoor bowling, themed for different seasons and knocking over cup towers. The twins LOVE IT, and when Ben went there, if the twins were outside before we’d get them, he’d set up the bowling pins and bowl. SO!! I found them the cutest indoor bowling set that Santa is gifting them!
- Visit with cousin Gigi – My older sister came to town and we got to spend time together and let the kids play, they all had a blast!
Can’t decide what to make? We have an amazing meal plan that we publish weekly, every Saturday. With each plan, you’ll get ideas for 5 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and a treat… And, a super easy to create grocery list.
- When my sister came to visit, she asked if I had any cookies. Thankfully I had some freezer chocolate chip cookies which Frankie had helped me make earlier in the week.
- How in the world did I miss this movie last year? Holidate on Netflix was actually really cute and a good movie, definitely a fun holiday movie!
- We have a subscription to Universal Yums – it’s a snack box and the snacks are from different countries. I cannot tell you how surprised I am that all the kids try ALL the snacks each month (there’s some unique stuff they wouldn’t try if I just handed it to them, that’s for sure) and Ben always asks me to read the little booklet about the country. It’s such a fun box, I’m going to gift a subscription to some hard-to-shop for friends/family this Christmas.
Are you doing any fall cooking? Just leave a comment below and let me know, I love hearing from you!