This 5 ingredient chicken salad recipe is one of the best healthy meal prep lunch recipes I’ve come across. My husband requests it all the time, and it’s perfect for a work lunch. This chicken salad is made with Greek yogurt and has a hint of lemon and basil.
There are so many great cookbooks out there! I compiled a list of my favorite cookbooks, have you seen it? I love finding new recipes and adapting them a bit to fit our family best. This recipe for a simple 5 ingredient chicken salad came from Cooking That Counts, by the Editors of Cooking Light. The books focuses on 1200 – 1500 calorie meals that are prepared with whole, natural foods so it’s a perfect book to use if you’re focusing on weight loss goals this year.
I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of chicken salad recipes out there, but I love this one because it is suuuupppeerr easy and still tastes delicious. To make this 5 ingredient chicken salad recipe, you simply grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store as the recipe base and throw in a few more ingredients and you’re done! All you need is:
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Fresh or dried basil
I use this recipe a lot for meal prep because it makes four servings, so I usually make it once a week and use it for lunches all week long. You can put it on bread and make a sandwich or even top a bed of lettuce with the chicken salad, for the low carb version of lunch.
I use these containers and then put 1 and a half slices of thin sliced grain bread in one compartment and then some spinach and red grapes in the other compartment.
You’re going to love this healthy chicken salad recipe made with Greek yogurt!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Quick and Easy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Quinoa
- Healthy & Filling Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed (chicken from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- Shred chicken, place in a bowl
- Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and basil to the bowl with chicken and stir together
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 575mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.