As life gets busier and busier, I keep trying to stock my freezer with meals that are easy to heat up and have on the table in no time. This chicken broccoli alfredo freezer meal is one of my new favorites to have on hand at all times. And it makes a great freezer meal to make for a new mom.
Something about the creamy alfredo sauce in this dish just makes it super comforting…oh, and also delicious. The ingredients are simple; ones that almost anyone will love and that you can pick up at any grocery store. If you’d like to make your own alfredo sauce, I have a recipe in my 5 ingredient cookbook (it’s such a great recipe, made with yogurt!)
Since I am making more and more freezer meals, I always keep these disposable pans on hand, so I’m never scrambling. They have been a life-saver. And you can always find one or two in my freezer (which I’m trying to keep full of delicious meals like this chicken enchilada casserole freezer meal or this freezer jambalaya.)
One of the the top reasons I like aluminum pans for freezer meals are because they aren’t glass. If you want to bake this meal directly out of the freezer (which I do quite often) you cannot do that in a glass pan – it will shatter!
As you read through this recipe, there are a few places that you can be pretty flexible, making it even that much more appealing to make!
First, you can use any pasta you’d like. What is the best pasta for a freezer meal?
- I prefer one that is 2″ or so, like a rigatoni or penne, but gemelli is my favorite (the sauce coats the noodle spiral making it the best noodles for a freezer meal).
Second, instead of cooking chicken for this freezer meal, you could simply buy a rotisserie chicken and to use in this freezer meal!
If you’re like me, I get home from work and immediately start to think what I can have ready for dinner. So if you’re cooking this dish directly from the freezer, be sure to throw it in the oven immediately after work since it will take about an hour and a half to two hours to cook from frozen. Otherwise, simply take the dish out of the freezer the night before to let it thaw, then bake for only 30-45 minutes. You’re going to fall in love with this easy freezer to oven chicken alfredo broccoli casserole!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Risotto
- 5 Ingredient Baked Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Freezer Meal
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb. pasta gemelli, rigatoni or penne
- 1 alfredo sauce 15 oz. jar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Frozen broccoli 12 oz. each, bags
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cube chicken breasts. Season with garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Bake chicken at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box (cook in a large pot.)
- After draining the pasta, add it back to a large pot. Add alfredo sauce and milk to the large pot. Mix together.
- Add baked chicken into pot with the pasta and sauce. Stir.
- Add broccoli to the pot and stir to combine.
- At this point, you can put everything in one big baking dish or two smaller dishes for the freezer.
- Top dish(es) with parmesan cheese.
- To bake, you have three options (see below)
- Cover dish with aluminum foil if freezing and write "chicken broccoli alfredo noodle casserole" and the date (this dish is good for 3 months in the freezer).
- From Frozen: leave foil on put into cold oven. Set temperature to 350 and let bake for 1 hour, remove foil, and check for doneness 45 minutes later, add time depending on oven and doneness (should be warm throughout and a little brown on the sides).
- Thaw from freezer: remove freezer meal from freezer and let thaw overnight (or for 24 hours). Remove foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until brown around edges.