This week, on Catching up with the Kelnhofers-27, I’m talking about a super fun adult game night (including what to cook and which games to buy for a date night!), sharing how I display my kid’s artwork, Ben’s love for cookbooks and more!
Last week I shared how we had finished watching The Good Place. In the show, Kristen Bell’s character wore these super cute clogs in Season 1. I saw them and was just obsessed with them. I kept going on and on and on about them, to the point where Nick scoured the web and found them! Here they are! Please keep in mind I was pregnant at the time. So I found the shoes and bought them.
They arrived, and while they were super cute, they were so uncomfortable! So, I chalked it up to my pregnancy feet. Well, I was in my closet the other day and saw them. I tried them on again; death traps. I don’t know how Kristen Bell was walking around in them at all. I felt like I was going to fall over and break an ankle.
New on the Blog
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers -the latest happenings in case you missed one.
- Meal Delivery Services are the Best Gift for New Moms – find out 5 reasons why meal delivery kits are the best gifts for new moms (I use them 3-4 times a week!)
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Freezer Meal – I love having this in the freezer for a weeknight meal (everyone who has had it has raved about it!)
What to Make
I’m sharing what to make for game night! We made these things when we had friends over for game night and they all loved the food!
- Roasted vegetable lasagna – I wasn’t sure who ate what, so I added ground beef to half of the lasagna and everyone was thrilled (and everyone had seconds btw)!
- Spinach salad – this is a classic and a favorite of everyone who eats it.
- Salted caramel chocolate chip cookies – These cookies are the very best and for game night, I tried an alternative version that included marshmallows! Full recipe for chocolate chip marshmallow cookies coming your way soon on the SweetPhi blog.
It’s soup season and I love this sweet comment on my Instant Pot sausage sweet potato soup recipe:
- “Love Love Love this recipe! Also my babycakes loves this soup, KUDOS to Sweet Phi this soup recipe is forever keeper, Thank You for sharing! Keep up the good work.“
This week, I saw someone re-make my almond butter date pepita granola bars. These bars make a great on-the-go snack!
Anytime you make one of my recipes, be sure to tag PhiliaKelnhofer on instagram or send me a note!
Things I’m Loving:
- I love love love the kids’ artwork they bring home from school. They bring home the cutest little footprint and handprint art. I have this wooden Christmas card holder wreath I got years ago hanging by our front door so it’s the first thing you see when you walk in the door. I shared a picture on Instagram and I got so many replies asking what I used to display the artwork. My wreath is old and the artwork is starting to fall, so I found THIS and THIS for displaying kids artwork I think I’m going to get. I think I’m going to get three of THESE ONES, one for each kid, I love the simplicity (next I need to figure out where to store/keep the artwork that is not hanging).
- You can see the artwork wreath from my home office.
- Whenever people come over, they always comment on the beautiful rug in my office (my home office reveal). It truly makes the room and is so so gorgeous. It’s from my friend Monique and Tony’s shop Ambitious Home – they sell vintage antique rugs, they’re one of a kind and so special. Use code SWEETPHI to get 10% off Ambitious Home purchases now-April. I don’t get anything if you purchase, it’s just a code they so generously gave SweetPhi readers! I have my eye on this one, I mean c’mon, how stunning are they?
- Ben making butterscotch cookies from my book!
Links from around the web:
- We had a game night, it was SO FUN! We played THIS GAME, so fun, and then our friends brought THIS GAME and it was hilarious!
What I’m reading:
- I just finished reading The Whisper Network. In the middle, I started to get worried it would be a little ‘meh’ but then omg at the end I could not stop reading it!!
What I’m watching:
- We watched The Oscars and I love seeing all of the fun clothing choices! Were you watching?
- My sister in law got Ben and I tickets for a play at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center. It was SO GOOD and we had a really nice day out!!
- We went out to eat after at Cafe Hollander. They have the best kids meals and are a really nice kid-friendly Milwaukee restaurant. I got the best salad I have ever had! Also, big moment, Ben told me had to go potty in public!!
- The twins are loving eating. I’m cooking my way through my cookbook, that’s for sure
- Speaking of cookbooks…Ben loves to “read them” while I’m working from home, please see the mess.
How did you spending your Valentines day? Just leave a comment below and let me know!