When a recipe is as easy as this 5 ingredient freezer to slow cooker honey mustard chicken, I’m adding it to every weekly meal plan! Not only can you prep it ahed of time, but it only takes 5 ingredients to complete and everyone will love it (plus, it’s a healthy freezer to crockpot meal!)
This meal makes 6 servings, so when I make it, I always split it in two. I keep 3 servings out for me, Nick and Ben and the other three go straight in the freezer for another night. I have been trying to eat better and serving size is a huge part of this. I find that if I immediately freeze what isn’t included in a serving size, I’m much more apt to not eating extra. In the picture you see one serving frozen, and one serving just made (you could cook it immediately or freeze it).
For a super quick dinner, bake the chicken and add your favorite sides. I’ve made this recipe multiple ways. You could make this honey mustard chicken baked in the over (then serve with a 90-second brown rice and quinoa mix and a can of green beans on the side). To top it all off, sprinkle dried rosemary and enjoy! You could also substitute the green beans for broccoli and make whatever your favorite rice is.
Another way to cook this is to make it a slow cooker honey mustard chicken. Simply add the marinated chicken in a slow cooker and set-it-and-forget it. And then yet another way to make honey mustard chicken is to make it directly freezer to slow cooker (I use this method if I’ve forgotten to take it out of the freezer to thaw and it works great)
So how do you make freezer to slow cooker honey mustard chicken?
- Well, first things first, you’ll mix up the marinade. This is a simple mixture of mustard, honey, vinegar, rosemary and a pinch of salt. Once combined, coat the chicken in this mixture. I like to do this in a gallon size storage bag because it’s so easy to ensure you’ve coated the pieces. Plus, again, you can throw that storage bag in the freezer if you’re not eating the dish that night.
- Freeze or cook marinated chicken.
- When it’s time to eat the dish, pour the chicken out of the storage bag into the slow cooker. When you’re doing this, be sure to squeeze the bag to guarantee you can get all of the delicious marinade out of the bag, into the slow cooker.
The cook time for this depends on if you’ll be cooking from frozen or thawed. And, it also depends on your slow cooker. If you’re cooking straight from the freezer, cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours. If you thaw it ahead of time, I would cook on low for 4-5 hours and high 2-3 hours.
Slow cooker chicken dishes are among my favorite dinners because I know my family loves them and I can easily use any leftover chicken for lunchtime salads. A few of my other favorite slow cooker chicken dishes are below:
- 5 ingredient healthy slow cooker buffalo chicken and quinoa
- 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing
- 5 ingredient slow cooker salsa chicken and quinoa
- More slow cooker recipes
5 Ingredient Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders boneless skinless
- In a bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients and add a pinch of salt.
- Add in chicken and stir to coat.
- Split between two freezer bags (or put into one bag) -cook or freeze.
- If cooking from frozen, cut away plastic bag and place in slow cooker for 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- If cooking from thawed, place in a slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.