I’m here to make the case that this grilled bread recipe is the best grilled or grilling side dish recipe ever! Yes, I know it sounds super simple, but it is just that – simple and delicious. You just may find yourself wanting to make it every time you grill this summer. This recipe is great for grilled ciabatta, grilled focaccia, and grilled sourdough bread.
Grilled bread tastes great with any grilled meat, like chicken or with vegetables. Enjoy this bread as a side with some tasty dips (like this cheesy blt dip or the best cheesy bacon dip).
This blt dip is actually where I discovered grilled bread. That dish was originally a recreation from a restaurant I went to and they serve their dips with grilled ciabatta bread and, well, it’s basically the best ever!
What do you need to make grilled bread?
- Loaf of ciabatta, focaccia or sourdough bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion salt
- Cut bread into 4 pieces. You can, of course, cut these smaller if you’d like! They are easiest to grill in larger pieces.
- Generously drizzle extra virgin olive oil. A quality olive oil is always best.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion salt.
- Grill, flip, grill (oh and by the way, we love these tongs!)
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
Grilled Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread cut into 4 large sections
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- Cut bread loaf in half and then halves again (cut into 4 pieces).
- Generously drizzle EVOO on inside of bread (not crust side), then sprinkle with garlic powder and onion salt.
- Grill, EVOO side down for 2-6 minutes. As soon as you see edges start to brown, flip the bread.
- Grill for another minute.
- Cut into diagonal pieces and serve.
[…] Grilled bread | Grilled citrus chicken drumsticks […]