Valentine’s Day is all about love and that means love for anyone; your partner, your kids, yourself or even your gal pals! If you love your gals as much as we do, then read on to learn how to plan the perfect Galentine’s Party!
If you’re not familiar with Galentine’s Day, it was popularized by Leslie Knope in Parks and Recreation (season 2, episode 16 if you’re wondering). Traditionally held on February 13th, Galentine’s is a day to celebrate their friendships and their lady friends. Sounds pretty great, right?
What to make:
Galentine’s Day is all about brunch! Of course, we have plenty of great recipe ideas, but just a few festive ones are below.
- Chocolate chip waffles with strawberry cream cheese sauce – even the pink sauce is festive! And who doesn’t love the addition of chocolate chips with a tasty waffle?!
- Love bug pancakes – we all know these are perfect for kids in the kitchen, but adults like to have a little fun too! Or, if your tiniest gal pals are coming to your brunch, assembling their very own love bug is a great activity to keep them busy.
- Heart-shaped cake
- Raspberry swirl brownies – truly a decadent treat that anyone would be lucky to steal a bite of. Have a little extra fun and use a heart-shaped cooker to make them even more festive.
- Pink mimosa – no better brunch drink than a mimosa and this is the best one for a party celebrating lovely friendships.
- Antipasto board or this cheese board, but either way, don’t forget these delicious seed crackers
- Make your own latte or even serve up delicious iced coffee for the crowd.
How to decorate
When it comes to Galentine’s Day party decor, the more over the top, the better! We’re talking all of the red, purple and pink you can handle with extra heart shapes everywhere. Here are a few of our favorite items:
- Heart shaped balloons – place a few bunches around the house or tape them to the wall for a festive backdrop
- Doilies – we like to think these are retro-Valentine’s chic. Nothing says love like heart-shaped doilies.
- Stir sticks – because festive touches of fun everywhere help a theme shine through!
- Banner – the perfect banner to hang literally anywhere!
What to do
Catching up with your friends is plenty of fun, but here are a few other fun stations to set up if you want a bit more structure.
- Set up a craft station (here are some great product options) so you can make a Valentine for your best gal pals or any loved ones that may have missed the party
- Mix your own cocktails or make the mimosa bar a fun activity!
- Have your very own mani station using these press-on nails
- An Instax photo booth so everyone can leave with a favor
What to wear
- Fancy and fun because we all love a good excuse to get dressed up!
- Maybe red and pink aren’t your thing. If that’s the case, give this cute sweater a try.
- Something fun like this red and pink casual pant suit
- Even an adorable dress for your mini gal pals.
No matter how you plan your party, Galentine’s Day is a great day to laugh a lot, celebrate love and hang with your best gal pals! Let us know if you celebrate Galentine’s Day and feel free to send in pics – we’d love to see them!