In this week’s meal plan, we’re sharing a few of our favorite seasonal recipes plus a few great meal prep options to get you ahead for the upcoming school year. Print an easy grocery list and get planning!
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
Avocado Toast with Hard-Boiled Eggs and Roasted Tomatoes
- Make these balsamic roasted tomatoes first before making the toast
- To make the perfect warm hard-boiled egg, You just boil a pot of water, put the egg in and boil it for 9 minutes. After that time, drain the water, briefly run under cold water, peel and enjoy!
Mexican Turkey Burgers
- To save on prep time, you can buy pre-made guacamole or pico de gallo for burger toppings.
Beef Burritos with Zucchini
- This is a great recipe if you’re looking to sneak more vegetables into your (or your kid’s) diet
- Make a batch of these and bring them to a new Mom to keep in the freezer.
- Great for meal prep too!
- When you’re shredding the zucchini, be sure to squeeze out the excess liquid so the burritos do not get soggy.
5 Ingredient Overnight Vanilla Oats
- This is a great no-cook breakfast! The oats simple absorb the liquid and that’s it!
- Top with brown sugar and walnuts (you could maple syrup instead of brown sugar as a sweetener and pecans or almonds instead of walnuts).
- Customize this grab and go breakfast for everyone in the house
Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Before I make this sandwich, I like to make a large batch of my quick pickled Asian vegetables in these jars.
- The make spicy mayonnaise by simply combining mayonnaise and something like a Sriracha sauce.
Anything Goes Big Batch Granola
- Make a large batch and store in an airtight container for up to one month. Or freeze it to extend shelf life even longer.
- This recipe is super flexible and you can use any variety of toppings. The post has some great ideas!
- You will separate the wet and the dry ingredients before combining.
- You don’t want too much liquid in this recipe, but you want just enough to make sure the granola sticks together and then forms clumps.
- This recipe is so easy that you really can’t mess it up! You can use syrup, honey, whatever oils you want, any toppings/mix-ins, just follow the ratios in the recipe.
- Pack the granola up in a Weck jar (or other similar air tight large jar or sealable freezer safe bag), tie a ribbon on and give it as a gift! You can even get silly and decorate the jar like a reindeer for the holidays (quick antlers, a red nose and some googley eyes). Plus, the amazing Weck jar is part of the gift; I use mine all the time!
- If you’re adding chocolate as one of your toppings, add it when there is only 5 minutes left in the oven otherwise the chocolate will burn (<- game changing tip for making chocolate granola).
Freezer Frittata with salsa and sausage
- This is a gluten free (make-ahead) breakfast idea
- To freeze the frittata, allow frittata to cool after being baked. Slice into pieces and cover entire baking dish with aluminum foil, or divide pieces into individual containers. Warm for 2 minutes to enjoy!
Spinach Salad dressing recipe
- You can substitute nuts. Try walnuts if you don’t have pecans.
- If you don’t have feta, try goat cheese instead.
- Mix and match apples and pears depending what you have on hand.
- Use any greens t hat you would like!
Leave a Reply