Brownies in cookie form? Yes please! With these 5 ingredient chewy brownie cookies you’ll be amazed by the delicious flavor and love how quick and easy they are to make!
I’m a huge fan of brownies. Give me fancy brownies (like these rocky road brownies or these peanut butter SNICKERS brownies) or give me plain brownies, and I’m one happy girl. In fact, I’m not above admitting that I love good ‘ole plain box brownies (<– gasp! a food blogger likes boxed brownies?) My love for plain box brownies reared its head when I told my hubby I wanted brownies one night, and I came home to find that he had made these super delicious fancy brownies his mom makes (I’ll have to share the recipe here one day – but it involves cake mix and caramel) which was so incredibly sweet, right? But all I wanted was a plain brownie and I guess I didn’t hide that fact very well…to this day I feel bad and he still jokes that I don’t like those brownies.
I get it, I’m particular with my brownies. But I love them, and on one of those occasions I was craving some, I was casually flipping through Christina’s 1st cookbook Dessert for Two (I’ve mentioned her a time or two because her recipes are awesome, I’m particularly obsessed with the peanut butter swirl brownies, her 2nd cookbook Comfort and Joy just came out and I can’t wait to get my hands on it) and came across these brownie cookies. Small batch brownie cookies? I just HAD to give them a try.
[Tweet “Brownie cookies? YES please! 5 ingredient chewy brownie cookies from @sweetphi”]
And of course they were a huge success. They taste like brownies, but in a cookie form!! All of the recipes I’ve tried from Dessert for Two have been a success, and what’s not to love about small batch desserts, saves one the trouble of eating a whole batch of something by ones’ lonesome lol!
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed beat the egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Ensure the mixture is free of lumps.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the egg white mixture and fold until no streaks remain. Fold in the remaining dry ingredients, and finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 8-10 equally sized portions of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet (I used a tablespoon cookie scoop and got 8 cookies).
- Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes. The surface of the cookies will appear dry and they will start to crack around the edges.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram orFacebook with #sweetphiblog or email me at email@example.com, I always love featuring your pictures on my Reader Recreations page!
Disclaimer: some of the above links are affiliate links, if you purchase amazon products through my store at no cost to you, I will earn a few pennies. As always, thank you for supporting the brands and products I love that make the Sweetphi blog possible.