This pimento cheese spread is so tasty: peppery and tangy, and made with only 5 ingredients! Made with a mayonnaise base, this pimento cheese spread is great for dipping crackers in, or as a sandwich spread (our favorite thing to do with it – we also love using it as a secret burger sauce, like this remoulade).
What ingredients do you need to make pimento cheese spread?
- Sliced pimentos – the ingredient that started it all! Pimentos are sweet and mild – a great pairing with cheese.
- Mayonnaise – you could also use a mixture of cream cheese and mayonnaise. This is dependent upon how thick you’d like the spread to be.
- Sharp cheddar – I found a black peppercorn cheddar at the store which was a really nice flavor addition.
- Freshly ground pepper – If you don’t have a cheddar with black peppercorns in it, then add 2 teaspoons of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cayenne pepper – this adds just the perfect touch of heat to help cut through the creaminess.
You can make this recipe in a couple of different ways – as a dip or spread or as more of a cheeseball (a thicker cheese dip). If you make the recipe with mayonnaise, it’s more of a spread. If you make this recipe with cream cheese, it’s a thicker cheeseball type consistency.
5 Ingredient Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 jars sliced pimentos drained, (4oz. each)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or a mixture of mayonnaise and cream cheese*
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar shredded**
- 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put into jars or container(s).
- Refrigerate for an hour (or up to 2 weeks).
- Serve and enjoy!
Your comments and feedback are helpful and appreciated!! If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on SweetPhi.com, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! If you took some photos, we’d love to see them – you can share on Instagram or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to our reader recreations!