I’ve found that it takes me a minimum of 30 minutes to get out the door…I’ve timed it. That is my new normal when it used to take me 2 minutes to grab my phone, wallet and keys lol, how long does it take you?
What a full week it’s been. I feel like “full” is a very good way to answer when people ask me how things are going. Right now it’s a very full life I’m living. Three kids under three and figuring all that out, working full time, running my blog business, juggling a million to dos and still trying time to spend time with my hubby and living life and seeing friends and family. Life is full. I feel blessed and grateful…and the twins slept from 9:30-4:45 two nights in a row…I’d consider that a huge win!
Are you part of the SweetPhi Newsletter? Each month I do a newsletter subscriber only giveaway, so be sure you’re signed up, I put them in the newsletter every week so you still have 3 Fridays to sign up and enter! I also do bonus giveaways – like last week I gave away 5 Starbucks gift cards for a bonus giveaway, and this month (September) I’m doing a bonus giveaway of a $100 Pick ‘n Save groceries gift card to one of my local readers!
New on the Blog:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Casserole – I’m so excited because this is the first recipe in a long-term partnership that I am working on with Pick n’ Save!
- I shared another Catching up with the Kelnhofers – I’m so glad you guys are loving this series!
- For all those who need a work lunch (especially teacher friends now that school is back in session), I’m sharing a roundup of work lunch recipes
What to make this week:
If you’ve followed me for a bit, you know I love my Instant Pot – especially as days are just getting busier and more full! Below are a few of my fave recipes that help me get a good dinner on the table in a fraction of the time.
I love when people find a recipe that works great for their family, like this reader mentions when she tried my Asian ground turkey rice bowls:
- “This was SUCH a hit! My children loved it. I’m just starting to experiment with cooking more and this turned out amazing! And talk about quick. My son literally said this is the best I’ve ever made. It took no time! I’ve never left a review for a recipe before but this was a must. Thank you!!”
Things I’m loving this week:
- This past weekend we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Have you read our wedding anniversary gifts story? We always give wedding anniversary gifts by year – there’s a chart, year 1=paper, year 2=cotton, and so on…this year was wool. We got each other wool sweaters and he got me this beautiful wool necklace, which is such a cool ‘wool’ gift. Since we’ve been rewatching Parks and Rec, there’s this one coat that a character Ron wears and it’s just a really nice classic-looking coat with a wool lining, and since he needed a new coat anyway, I splurged and got him the coat – it’s in the mail so I’ll let you know what it’s like!
- Over the holidays I got this temporary rose gold/pink hair color spray from Target and I loved how it looked. I’d been wanting to get just a little stripe in my hair since then, so I finally got one! It’s very subtle and I can cover it with my hair anytime, but I just love it!!
- We took our kids on an outing to Rocket Baby Bakery in Wauwatosa – they have this great outside area. I shared about this amazing bakery in my Guide for Wauwatosa with a baby. On the way walking to the bakery, we had the twins in the stroller and Ben was walking, and then all of a sudden he dove into the bottom of the stroller lol, so we pushed him around.
- Good thing we got Ben Ultra Clean markers, kids are messy when coloring, and these actually wipe/wash off super easy. Also, he brought his dinosaurs to the party when we were doing a photography session – here’s a behind the scenes picture – he loves his dinosaur set.
- Ben is so sweet with his siblings! He’s helping feed them and plays with them, it just warms my heart.
- Oh how far we’ve come in technology, it never ceases to amaze me! I was getting coffee with a friend and parked downtown. I texted Nick a picture of the meter and he added time to it via his phone with an app! Remember the days where you needed to have a quarter on you? I remember walking blocks down a street to an open business and having to ask for change to pay for a parking meter!
- The adventures of Ben while out getting coffee with a friend.
- We left the house and he was smiling and happy with his book and pillow,
- He got to drink water and blow some epic bubbles out of a coffee cup,
- Then we went outside and he discovered a little fountain where you could put rubber duckies in on one end and watch them float down to the other end (he ran up and down the ramp 100 times carrying the little ducks)
- Then he got into the part with the rocks where the duckies deposited (with the water) while I had to take a call
- Then he got soaking wet, this was of course the one time I decided to leave the house with just a diaper and wipes in my purse and not take a whole diaper bag with outfit changes
- So he had to ride home in just his diaper, crying all the way lol (but he had a lot of fun with the ducks!)
- Finished listening to Dry Hard and while it was cute/kind of predictable, it was definitely not my favorite of this authors work. I just started City of Girls and am already loving it. That will conclude me finishing my summer audiobook reading list – would you be interested in seeing a fall/winter reading list?
As always I love hearing from you in the comments! I’d love to know what you’re reading and how your week is going!
Until next week,
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!