This week on Catching Up With The Kelnhofers – a who wore it better (fall jacket edition), family trip to the park and airplane viewing area and dancing in the rain– read more below!
We’ve been re-watching Parks and Recreation, as I’ve mentioned before – it’s a pretty light show and we started watching it when we were up late at night feeding the twins, it’s one of those shows that’s not crazy stimulating so your heart is not racing – but that has a cute and engaging story line (I have cried basically every episode since season 1 because it’s so sweet). Anyway, one of the characters, Ron, wore a coat and Nick kept commenting about it. He needed a new coat and it was our wool anniversary (see anniversary gifts by year here) so I got him the coat. I think he looks so handsome and even better than Ron in it 🙂
New on the Blog:
- A new Catching up with the Kelnhofers
- Slow Cooker Fire Roasted Tomato Pot Roast – a fabulous recipe redo that’s great for fall!
- I shared my favorite things to buy from Costco based on a lot of wonderful feedback from my readers!
What to make this week:
This week, I’m all about beverages! Here are some of my absolute faves:
- Cucumber limeade with chia seeds
- Super easy sangria
- Basil vodka lemonade (p.s. this can also be made as a mocktail!)
- Homemade iced maple latte
A five star review on my recipe for baked chicken, potatoes, carrots and herbs. Thanks for the comment!
- “I made your recipe last night in my new oven. It was simply delicious. I also included some celery, green beans and mushrooms. It was a big hit. Thank you. I will make this again very soon. 5 *****”
Things I’m loving this week:
- We took advantage of the beautiful weather – we went to the Rose Innovations Park in Greenfield again this past weekend. When I asked Ben to share his snack, he put one of the puffs in his mouth and laughed at me like it was the funniest thing ever lol.
- By the airport, there’s this beautiful viewing area where you can see planes take off – all of us went there and had such a nice time, it’s a super cool free family activity, highly recommend!
- I’d been needing a new hair brush and my hair dresser showed me these ones available on amazon – Olivia Garden Hair Brushes – a lot of them have this little piece at the bottom that comes out for making the part in your hair – they’re amazing! I got this one but am going to be getting more soon.
- We had a little movie night – we watched the old school Cindarella with Ben. He said “oh no- oh no” when the step sisters ruin Cinderellas dress, it was so sweet.
- I took Ben to the zoo – his favorite display? The elephant poop display lol. He ran around yelling “poop…ewwwww…poop” lol! It was so funny. They have these wheelbarrows full of ‘elephant poop’ and it lists facts about how much they poop each each (3 wheelbarrows full!)
- Our family photos look like this nowadays (I’m holding two babies)
- Ben knows what mom and dad’s favorite drinks are. He points to iced coffee and says “mama, coffee” and then when he sees iced tea he says “dada, tea”… it’s really cute
- It rained and we outside to watch the rain, it’s the first time Ben has been old enough to ‘play’ in the rain, it was the cutest thing ever. He ran around, pointed at the sky, then we showed him how to make foot prints with wet feet on dry cement, such a precious memory I’ll never forget. Then he ran around in circles in the rain and got soaking wet!
- Looks like I need to buy another pair of pjs with cars on it for Ben, he only wants to wear his “car” pjs and we only have one…so I’m washing them every day!
Did you know I have a cookbook?! I actually have two cookbooks (a baby food cookbook and a 5 ingredient cookbook) but I’ve been using the 5 ingredient cookbook like no other lately! It’s full of amazing fast and easy recipes. I make the freezer breakfast sandwiches (we’ve been having them all week!) and I make the sloppy Joes every few weeks and so many other recipes (I have seasoning mixes at the back and make the Mexican spice mix and use it for tacos every week!!)
What’s something delicious you made this week? Just leave a comment below and let me know!
Until next week,