This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing an Amazon product that will definitely come in handy during the holidays, two great books and a sneak peak at some of our Christmas decor.
Holy smokes, it’s December.
Can someone please tell me where the pause button is, because mine seems to be missing and time is FLYING!
We had to move a table out of the kids play room because Freddie was climbing it (him on the table looking like “what have I gotten myself into” or flying around the room…that’s how I feel, hashtag mood).
And if it weren’t for my calendar and setting myself 50 alarms every day remind me what needs to get done, I’m pretty sure I’d forget to feed the kids (well, probably not because if they don’t have 3 meals and 2 snacks at exact times, one of them will surely let me know, loudly!)
But, we got our Christmas tree up, so…deep breath, HAPPY FRIDAY! HAPPY DECEMBER!
In other news, did you catch the exciting caramel announcement yesterday? <- talk about an exciting project! And we pulled it off in only a few months, that’s incredible if you think about all the work that went into getting product tested/made/photographed/launched!
It’s the most delicious caramel sauce you’ll ever have, and makes for a perfect Christmas gift! Make sure to use code SWEETPHI at checkout (helps us track orders on the backend). There are only limited quantities, so make sure you purchase now.
New on the blog:
- Peanut brittle – you don’t even need a candy thermometer to make this 5 ingredient recipe!
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – a family and Phi update from last week
- How to make a thoughtful Christmas cookie box – it’s a sweet tradition we started doing last year
- 5 of the best freezer meals – no pre-cooking required, just prep and freeze! This post has taken MONTHS to put together, so I couldn’t be happier to share it with you!
- Love List – a cozy game and some fun look alike designer products
- Caramel announcement – all the details about the collaboration
Theme of the week:
Caramel recipes, of course!
- Mexican hot chocolate caramel cookies – a little kick makes these cookies special.
- Mini pumpkin muffins with sour cream and caramel frosting – you can’t ever go wrong with sour cream frosting.
- Banana caramel swirl cake – Nick loves banana desserts so this is a household fave.
- Caramel spiced pecans – a great little food gift idea!
- One bowl salted caramel blondies – delicious dessert only using one bowl? yes please!
- Bourbon salted caramel chocolate chip cookies – topped with sea salt makes these extra delish.
What I Made:
- Snacktime with my oatmeal cookie energy bites (kids love them!)
This comment on my vanilice cookies sure made me smile:
- “Just came across this because and first of all, lovely photos and layout! THANK YOU for including a baking time… You’re probably well aware, as a Serbian ‘snajka’ (daughter in law) that cookbooks written in Serbian, or by Serbians, are notoriously vague about that. “Bake until done”… gee, thanks baba. Tried this recipe and it’s delicious”
I loved seeing what you all made for Thanksgiving! How yummy do these cranberry walnut crumb bars look?
I always love seeing what SweetPhi recipes you’re creating!
Things I’m Loving
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed:
- This $4 box opener will be a game changer, especially around the holidays!
What I’m Reading
- Truly loving the The Guest List
- Also just downloaded The Boy’s Club on audible – a friend recommended it and I can’t wait!
- Happy Advent! The kids got chocolate calendars from their grandparents, and then we got a fancy fun one from MKE Food Tours.
- Frankie didn’t want the chocolate, just the calendar. And Freddie really liked fruit cake (first day of the MKE food calendar) which was so funny!
- We had some late fall walks and fun, now it’s really starting to feel like winter so I’ll have to bundle the kids up more.
- This week the kids had fun making a mess with a Christmas tree themed pom pom box (idea via Busy Toddler – um, wow does she have amazing ideas).
- We’re starting to work on the alphabet with Ben, so when I found some whole grain chicken nuggets letter shaped, I just had to get them. He took one bite and was done. Frankie on the other hand learned how to dip them and ate ALL of them (Ben’s 2, her 2 and Freddie’s lol). Also, it lasted all of one day with the letters because there weren’t any B’s.
- Ben hung up some corn for the squirrels and deer
Did you Know?
It’s gifting season and did you know that my cookbook would make a great Christmas gift?! It’s full of easy, 5 ingredient meals and perfect for that busy person in your life (aren’t we all, ha!). I also have a baby food maker cookbook which a friend told me she is gifting to her Mom she Grandma and the kids can cook together (the cookbook has recipes from babies to adults!).
Info on both cookbooks and various places to purchase are all listed here.
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: Anything goes granola was your fave this past week.
- Most liked Instagram post: this post about freezer meals that are so easy to prep!
- Most pinned image: this pin for a great Christmas appetizer.
- Most viewed YouTube video: no surprise here, waffles remain popular!
- Most purchased item: This super soft and cute stuffed animal – Ben has a dog from this line and it’s the cutest thing ever, the animals are so soft!
Are you done with Christmas shopping? I’d love to know, so just leave a comment below and let me know!