I took the twins to the zoo… by myself! Coordinating/getting them in and out of the car with all the stuff (stroller/snacks/hats – which Frankie insists on) with two very mobile little ones wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Big win for the week.
It was so fun to see them looking at the animals.
To commemorate their first trip with me alone, I got them each a little stuffed animal on the way out. I did this with Ben when I took him alone for the first time, he got a polar bear.
Frankie picked a pink flamingo and Freddie picked a funny looking penguin. The animals couldn’t be more perfect.
Frankie is ATTACHED to her little flamingo. She carries it/hugs it everywhere, and wants to feed it dinner and then cries when we put it on the side table so it won’t get dirty.
Best money spent on a fun little outing, it made me really excited for summer and taking the kids to explore outside!
Ben saw the animals and wants me to take him to the zoo. He thinks he should get TWO stuffed animals now because the babies got two.
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com!
- Weekly meal plan – always a great resource if you’re not sure what to eat this week.
- Red skin sour cream potato salad – keep this recipe on hand for all of your summer gatherings.
- Love list – weekly finds from around the web!
- I’ve been relying on Home Chef and we made awesome fish tacos, they totally reminded me of these easy sweet chili fish tacos.
- My favorite super easy dinner is 5 ingredient ramen with a fried egg. Ben said he didn’t want any but then asked for a bite and ended up eating my whole dinner!!!
What to make:
I’ve been feeling like peaches lately, they remind me of summer and they’re just super delicious!! Here are some of my favorite peach recipes:
- Peach and tomato panzanella salad
- Peach crumble freezer dessert recipe
- This pie is perfect for bruised fruit and I just cannot tell you how good it is.
- This is the quick dessert I make for guests (I make them with regular peaches or any stone fruit)
- Banana pancakes with peach streusel topping
- Super refreshing drink
My recipe for baked chicken with potatoes, carrots and herbs from the farmer’s market is one I like to have handy all summer long. Happy to hear this reader (and her family) enjoyed it!
- “I made this for the first time yesterday and it was so good my husband and children loved it. Cant wait to try some of your other recipes.”
And by the way, I always love hearing what you have to say, so don’t forget to leave a comment on my posts and I’ll be happy to share!
A very tasty recreation of my recipe for homemade iced salted honey latte:
- If you hate wasting that final bit of makeup at the bottom of the jar, these beauty spatulas will come in handy! They allow you to scrape out and use every last bit and truly get your money’s worth out of all of your makeup.
- I loved What Comes After by JoAnne Tompkins! It’s very emotional, especially if you’re a parent, or even if you’re not, I think the story was moving and beautiful. I think it could have ended with no epilogue, but I definitely recommend this one.
- The book I’ve been most anticipating is People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry, and it finally released this week!!! I’m LOVING it!! The description: Two best friends. Ten summer trips. One last chance to fall in love.
- Next is Shipped by Angie Hockman – The Unhoneymooners meets The Hating Game in this witty, clever, and swoon-worthy novel following a workaholic marketing manager who is forced to go on a cruise with her arch-nemesis when they’re up for the same promotion. I liked both the books referenced in the intro, so here goes.
Cookbook of the week:
- I’ve mentioned Love Real Food by Kathryne Taylor before (in Feb. of 2020 as part of a cookbook club). It’s a wonderful vegetarian cookbook. The recipe I’m really obsessed with is the kale caesar with tahini Caesar dressing. It is so zippy and lemony and garlicy and delicious.
- Mother’s day was lovely. Under that pile of blankets? Me! The kids were playing ‘tunnel’ lol. They were crawling all over me. It was a nice day, and we had ice cream cake!
- Kinetic sand and bubbles. The two things played with most whenever we go outside? Kinetic sand and bubbles!! The easter bunny brought the kids both and both are cheap, I’m putting all the kid finds we really love in an Amazon store list in case you’re interested!
- Could liege waffles really be all that different than ones I make weekly at my house? UMMMMMM YES!!!!!! I used this recipe for liege waffles from Smitten Kitchen and they were SO GOOD!!!! I used sugar cubes and chopped them up to get pearl sugar (which one can just buy on Amazon – like this) which I’d say would be so much easier than chopping up sugar cubes, but make what you have work, lol)
- I had never heard of comic Nate Bargatze, but I came across his special on Netflix and it was SO FUNNY; definitely recommend.
- I use my waffle iron weekly. It’s one of my favorite kitchen appliances, definitely worth the splurge.
- OR, I just heard rave reviews of this mini waffle maker which is only 9.99!!
I’d love to hear from you – do you have any summer plans? Just leave a comment below and let me know!
Thanks for reading this week’s Catching up with the Kelnhofers!