These super delicious easy sweet chili fish tacos are perfect for the next time you’re in need of a quick family dinner, or whenever you’re in need of a quick dish that is sure to impress any guests.Whenever I think of fish tacos, I think of sitting at a table on an outdoor patio with a warm summer breeze in the air. Fish tacos are such a nice light and refreshing dish: delicate flavorful fish with a sauce and then a nice cooling crunch from the slaw, and topped with a squeeze of lime. Super delicious bite after bite.
Surprisingly, I had never made fish tacos at home. And these days, with a new baby, chances of me going and eating fish tacos mid-week at on a patio are pretty slim.
As I was doing some grocery shopping, I was going to buy some fish sticks (I’ll admit I’m a total sucker for some fish sticks with tons of lemon juice squeezed over them) and came across a new product: Gorton’s Go Saucy! Sweet Chili Tenders. Sweet chili sauce is one of my faves, so I got some of the tenders to try out.
They’re super delicious. They’re pollock tenders that come with sauce packets that one can dip/toss/or glaze with fish with. As soon as I had the sweet heat, I thought of how perfect they would be for fish tacos, and that’s how I cam up with the recipe.
What I love about using the sweet chili tenders is that the fish cooks super quickly (17 minutes) and the sauce is already provided, so all you have to do is make the slaw and heat up some tacos. Dinner is ready is under 20 minutes, and it’s a great dish for sharing or making when you have guests over!
Next time you’re in need of a quick and easy dinner, these sweet chili tacos are the perfect recipe for you, and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Fish Stick Wraps Recipe
- Spiced Trout and Homemade Fish Stock
- 5 Ingredient Pesto Salmon Recipe
Easy Sweet Chili Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 package 15 oz Gorton's Go Saucy! Sweet Chili Tenders
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cups coleslaw mix shredded red and green cabbage and carrots
- 8 small flour tortilla shells
- for serving: lime wedges and cilantro
- Cook fish according to package instructions. When the fish is finished baking, toss in the sweet chili sauce.
- While the fish is baking, make the coleslaw mixture. In a bowl combine the lime juice, mayonnaise, jalapeno and cilantro and stir to combine, then add in the dry coleslaw mix and stir.
- Warm up the flour tortillas (I did this by putting them in the oven the last 3 minutes the fish was baking)
- To assemble the tacos: spoon 2-3 spoonfuls of the coleslaw mix into a taco, top with 1-2 sweet chili covered tenders, then stop with a pinch of cilantro and a squeeze of a lime wedge. Repeat for all tacos, then serve and enjoy!
This post is brought to you by my partnership with Gorton’s. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog possible.