We always love a recipe that’s great for kids or adults and this cornflake crusted pork chop recipe is one of those family favorites!
What do you need to make cornflake crusted pork chops?
- Pork chops (or chicken breasts!)
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Seasoning, like Franks red hot or Paprika
We love a good flexible recipe and this one is just that! You can substitute chicken for pork chops depending on what you have on hand. And, you can season in any way you like – using something like Frank’s or paprika – both will create a delicious result!
How do you make cornflake crusted pork chops?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cornflakes, seasoning of choice and salt. During this step, make sure you crush the cornflakes a bit. Put this mixture in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the pork (or chicken) in egg and then coat in cornflake mixture on all sides. Set coated protein on baking dish. Repeat until done with all protein pieces. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake until done. Cook time will vary based on protein.
Cooking pork or chicken with a crunchy topping is one of our favorite ways to enjoy them! If you want another great recipe with cornflakes, you can find Phi’s recipe for Un-fried Cornflake Chicken in her 5 Ingredient Cookbook.
Cornflake Crusted Pork Chop
- 1 lb pork chop you can also use chicken if you prefer
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon seasoinng something like Franks Red Hot or Paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine cornflakes, seasoning of choice and salt. Crush cornflakes up into small pieces. Put mixture in a shallow dish.
- Dredge and coat pork (or chicken) in egg. Dip in cornflakes on all sides and set on a baking dish.
- Repeat until done. Drizzle the top with butter.
- Bake until done - depending on which protein you use. Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 and chicken to 165.