You’re never going to guess how easy it is to make a delicious 5 ingredient corned beef and cabbage meal. It’s as easy as adding 5 ingredients to your slow cooker and a few hours later you’ll have delicious corned beef and cabbage with carrots and potatoes, the perfect meal for St. Patrick’s Day!
Every year St. Patrick’s day seems to sneak up on me, so I certainly don’t have a meal prepared!
What ingredients do I need for this corned beef and cabbage?
- Corned beef brisket
- Beef brisket
- Rainbow carrots
Water and salt are also needed, but those are ingredients everyone has on hand so I don’t count them toward the ingredient list in 5 ingredient recipes.
Of course, in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit I had to make this dish with rainbow carrots…get it…rainbows, luck of the Irish, leprechauns? Lol, I know, I will dial my dorkiness back a notch.
I’ve always been super impressed by my mother-in-law who makes corned beef and cabbage every year for St. Patrick’s Day. I asked her what her secret is, and she laughed and told me it was probably one of the simplest dishes she has ever made, and that all that was required was a slow cooker/crock pot and the ingredients, then just set it and forget it.
It was so much easier than I could have ever imagined!
How do you make slow cooker corned beef and cabbage?
- Put the corned beef in a crock pot with water and beef stock.
- Let it cook at a low temperature and then add vegetables a few hours before it is done.
- Enjoy! Yup, that’s how easy it is!
This 5 ingredient slow cooker corned beef and cabbage with carrots and potatoes recipe is a classic, super easy and delicious meal to make for your St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Spicy Roast Beef Sliders
- Slow Cooker Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
- 5 Ingredient Beef and Pepper Ramen Recipe
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4-5 pounds corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 8 red potatoes small-to-medium
- 1 pound rainbow carrots whole carrots, 7-8 carrots total, ends removed
- 1 head of cabbage cut into wedges
- Remove brisket from brine liquid it is packaged in, and remove the seasoning packet that it comes with.
- Place brisket, fat side down in a slow cooker, sprinkle the seasoning packet over the brisket. Pour beef broth and water into the slow cooker and sprinkle in the salt. Set on low and cook for 5 hours. After 5 hours remove lid and add in potatoes, carrots, and cabbage wedges and cook on low for another 2-3 hours.
- Take a fork and poke into the meat, it should fall apart. Take brisket out of the slow cooker and place on a board and slice it into slices, then serve a slice or two of the brisket with a red potato, 1 carrot and a wedge of cabbage.