I have the most delicious and easy cabbage recipe for you and it only takes 3 ingredients to make; grilled cabbage steaks. You’ll take a head of cabbage and cut into thick slices (steaks), then season and grill it to perfection.
What ingredients do you need to make a grilled cabbage steak?
- Head of cabbage – you’ll cut this into thick sections (steaks), depending on the size of your head of cabbage you’ll get 4-6 ‘steaks’
- EVOO – a good quality extra virgin olive oil makes all the difference
- Everything Bagel seasoning – this seasoning makes everything better!
That’s it – only 3 ingredients and a bit of time on the grill and you’re on your way to an amazing dinner or side dish. And, since it has less than 5 ingredients, it’s perfect for this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday!
Cabbage is not a particularly loved vegetable in our house, besides the occasional coleslaw or cabbage roll, we weren’t really doing much with cabbage.
When my husband was grilling a bunch of stuff (doing some grilling meal prep) I saw a little head of cabbage from our Misfits Market imperfect produce box and I decided to just try out grilling it to see what would happen. I love experimenting with new foods; especially on the grill.
Holy cow, I can honestly say I never expected it to be SO GOOD! We liked to keep it on the grill long enough to get that perfect charred perfection on the edges.
We’ve been making this exact cabbage steak recipe all summer long and it’s now requested…something I never thought would happen in our house.
To make cabbage steaks all you do is cut a head of cabbage into thick slices (1 1/2 inches thick), drizzle olive oil over them and sprinkle them with everything bagel seasoning. And then, throw them on the grill (medium – so they get a chance to cook through!) and voila!
What do you think? Will cabbage become a favorite in your household too!?
Grilled Cabbage Steaks
This is the most delicious easy cabbage recipe and you only need 3 ingredients to make it!Print Rate
Servings: 4 cabbage steaks
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium. While the grill heats up, prep your cabbage.
- Cut cabbage into steaks. Depending on how big your head of cabbage is, you'll get 4-6 steaks.
- Lay cabbage on a cutting board.
- Drizzle both sides of the cabbage steaks with extra virgin olive oil (1/2 tbs per cabbage steak)
- Sprinkle both sides of the cabbage steaks with seasoning liberally (1/4 teaspoon per side)
- Place cabbage steak on grill, and grill for about 10-20 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through. Cook time will depend on how big your head of cabbage is. The center of the cabbage should be tender when poked with a fork, but still firm.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!
To make in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put cabbage steaks on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is firm/tender when poked with a fork.
The nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg