If you’re a peanut butter fan, an ice cream cake fan, a pie fan, or you just simply love good desserts, this nutty buddy freezer peanut butter pie will definitely become a favorite! Made with only 6 ingredients, this no-bake peanut butter pie is so easy to make.
This recipe was shared with me years ago when I lived in North Carolina, where it gets HOT in the summers. This recipe is a refreshing dessert and is based on Little Debbie Nutty Buddy bars. The freezer peanut butter pie is not just good for summers though – it’s great all year round!
Raise your hand if you’re a peanut butter fan (raises hand emphatically over here!) I talk about my love of peanut butter on Insta stories, so if you follow me on Instagram, you know how much I love peanut butter.
Here are some other of my recipes showing how much I love peanut butter:
- 5 Ingredient peanut butter Nutella bars
- 5 Ingredient peanut butter pretzel energy bites
- 5 Ingredient chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream cake
- Peanut butter banana chocolate chip granola bars
- 20 minute spicy baked peanut ginger chicken
But back to this pie. It’s perfect for summer and the best part is that it is a NO BAKE pie! That’s right, no bake! Do you need more of a reason to make this recipe? Ok, I’ll give you one more reason – the recipe below yields 2 pies, so you won’t run out. Or you can keep one at home and bring one to your family/friends house. Perfection.
Ben loves to help me cook and bake, so this pie is an easy one he can help with, since the steps are so simple. The recipe mainly consists of mixing and pouring. And for me, this is the best recipe because it can be thrown in the freezer the night before and kept for a couple of days. Anything make-ahead is best in my book.
This year we made this nutty buddy freezer peanut butter pie for thanksgiving but forgot it in the freezer because there were so many other pies, then, 5 months later we remembered it was in the freezer and we had it at a Sunday family dinner and it was still good as it had been day after being made!! So this pie has a wonderfully long freezer life.
To jazz it up a little bit, you could add a chocolate sauce drizzle on the top of the pie, but it is perfect without it as well.
Next time you’re looking for an amazing make-ahead no-bake dessert everyone will love, I’d highly recommend this nutty buddy freezer peanut butter pie!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites
- Pecan Pie Carmelita Bars
Nutty Buddy Freezer Peanut Butter Pie
- 12 oz. container cool whip at room temp
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
- I leave out the cool whip and cream cheese for about 1/2 an hour before making this recipe
- Combine cool whip, cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk in a large mixing bowl. With a hand (or stand) mixer, beat ingredients together until they're smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour evenly into two pie crust
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, let thaw for 5-10 minutes, cut and enjoy!