As promised yesterday when I made Zucchini and Kale Lasagna, today I’m sharing the most deliciously sweet, best-ever, peanut butter chocolate chip zucchini cookie bars.
I thought up this idea but wasn’t quite sure it was going to work.
I mean, we are talking about using zucchini … in a dessert…a vegetable….IN A DESSERT?
Why yes, yes we are talking about that, and guess what? IT’S FANTASTIC!
The texture is cakey the first day, but after you let it cool over night, it’s like a fudgey cookie!
I made these and after having one was immediately hooked…I may or may not have had one for breakfast the next few days…hey, it has veggies in it, right?
And when I was packing some up to bring to my friends house (she’s the lovely lady that has an adorable daughter and the one that taught me how to make 20 minute Turkey Taco Salad) my hubby said ‘you’re going to leave some of those for me, right?’ lol. I was told I can share that these definitely have the his stamp of approval! He also had no idea there was even zucchini in them, so this is a perfect way to sneak veggies into dessert!
For this recipe you can use either yellow or green zucchini (I used yellow)
Then shred away
Then add in other ingredients
Then mix batter and spread into a foil lined baking dish
Bake, and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 Grated Zucchini about 4 little zucchini, shredded
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter smooth, reduced fat
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips semi-sweet
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Grate zucchini into a bowl, mix in peanut butter (this will be a little tough, so you can put some muscle in 🙂 )and then egg, sugar, vanilla and baking soda, stir. Then add chocolate chips and combine.
- Spread into baking dish, bake for 20-25 minutes until only slightly soft on the insides. Then allow to cool for an hour, then remove aluminum foil from pan, place on a cutting board, and cut into 16 squares and enjoy