Enjoy this healthy and delicious roasted winter vegetable rainbow salad anytime you’re looking for a lighter dinner that is not light on amazing flavors!
Usually summer vegetables get all the glory, don’t they? But not today – today let’s take time to celebrate all the glorious winter produce, shall we?
Root vegetables like beets and carrots are in season along with amazing squash and sweet potatoes, when made into a salad there were so many pretty colors it is no wonder it turned into a rainbow salad!
I was feeling in a little bit of a rut as to what to make for dinner. With all the holiday parties and gatherings the food can be kind of heavy. I was looking to make something a little lighter but was running low in the inspiration department. So it was seriously a blessing in disguise when my Instacart groceries arrived as I was searching for what to make for dinner.
This order was chock full of seasonal organic vegetables and fruit and I immediately wanted to eat #allthefruitsandveggies so I decided to roast them and turn them into a roasted vegetable salad. The beautiful colors immediately turned it into a rainbow salad.
You have heard me talk about Instacart before (here is another rainbow salad I did with produce I ordered from Instacart). I had so much fun doing this how to have a farm-to-table dinner in your backyard post-can’t wait to do it again when the weather turns nicer, I practically lived off this zucchini and corn salad that can also be used as a pizza topping this summer and I’ve made these chewy peanut butter banana chocolate chip granola bars about a bazillion times, they’re so good), and it’s because their grocery delivery service has seriously been a life saver. With me being busier than ever, it’s nice to be able to order groceries online and have them come to my door. In addition to the produce they offer, I can order from different local grocery stores to buy any groceries my little heart desires. Have you ever tried grocery delivery? It is truly is quite amazing and I cannot recommend Instacart enough, I’m just THAT in love and I have a special offer for you! Use code PHILIAK125 for $10 off your first order for new customers.
While the roasted vegetables themselves are delicious, they need a little bit of zip so the pomegranate tendrils and vinaigrette dressing make for the perfect topping.
- 1 lb beets peeled and cubed
- 1/2 winter squash peeled and cubed
- 5 rainbow carrots I used 3 yellow, 1 orange and 1 purple carrots, ends removed and cut in half
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts ends removed and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 bunch of red Swiss chard washed and chopped
- 1 pomegranate tendrils removed (about 1/2-1 cup of tendrils)
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Prep, peel, and cube vegetables. Use aluminum foil to section off the different vegetables as you place them on the baking sheet. Section the beets, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts all separately on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and garlic salt and drizzle olive oil over them and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size frying pan add in the chopped Swiss card and saute it with 1 teaspoon olive oil and add in a pinch of salt. Saute until it cooks down, about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- To make the dressing simply whisk together olive oil, Dijon mustard, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, red wine vinegar and honey until combined.
- To assemble the salad arrange the roasted vegetables on a large serving platter or plate and add the cooked Swiss chard and pomegranate tendrils. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and enjoy!