In this version of our weekly meal plan, you get a bonus dessert that’s perfect for treating the kids before they go back to school! Plus, remember that you can always put together a quick and easy grocery list with just the click of a button.
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
- Get lots of variety – you want lots of different kinds of fruit
- Get fruits of varying colors – the more varying colors the better!
- Slice things nicely – no big sloppy chunks, take your time and slice things evenly
- Arrange fruit in rainbow colors – makes it very visually appealing
- Have a “star” or something super unique – in my case, I used a starfruit (they’re super sweet and found in most major grocery stores). When I was in Vermont, the fruit bowl I had there had a Cape Gooseberry with these beautiful leaves on it
- Use a rotisserie chicken for even faster meal prep!
- Only 5 ingredients!
- This recipe can be made hot or iced
- Recipe is great in the Air Fryer.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, bake muffins in a muffin pan in an oven at 350 for 28 minutes.
- Optional: top finished dish with crumbled bacon and fresh parsley, if desired.
- I like using red/orange/yellow bell peppers for this recipe as they tend to be slightly milder/sweeter in flavor than green bell peppers, but green bell peppers work as well!
- Various topping options include: maple syrup, powdered sugar, fresh sliced strawberries or blueberries mixed with sugar, chopped toasted walnuts or pecans and honey, Greek yogurt mixed with honey
- Recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled depending on how many bananas you have.
- This recipe can be made vegan but omitting the egg and replacing with a flaxseed egg (combine 1 tablespoon flax seeds with 2 tablespoons water).
- If you can’t find cauliflower rice with herbs in it, you may buy plain cauliflower rice and add herbs.
- If burgers crumble while flipping, you can simply use them as a topping on a salad or bowl meal.
- Use a good pan – we have this smaller nonstick pan, it’s a Caphlon pan and came with this set of two.
- Cook the eggs low and slow – for scrambled eggs, it’s best to cook them over medium-low heat, don’t rush it, if you cook them on high it will dry them out.
- Remove pan from heat – remove the pan with eggs from the heat as soon as they start to pull back from the pan, don’t let them overcook, because eggs continue cooking from residual heat of the pan.
- Back to School Recipe Roundup
This back to school recipe roundup is here to make your days easier! With every…
- Back to School Supply List
It's that time of year - back to school! And that means the back to…
- Best Meal Delivery Services for Back to School
When you're starting a new routine, things can be a challenge, especially dinner time. We…
- Kids Snack Ideas
With everything going on in life as a parent, snack time can be a little…
- School Lunch Ideas for Kids
It's back to school time and there is a lot to get in order -…