This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing what I’m cooking on these dreary Wisconsin weather days and the sweetest comment ever from a reader!
Remember last week I did a poll to help decide on Nick’s shoes? Well, WOW, ok, the responses were so many!! I had so much fun spending the week responding to you. I think I got to everyone – there were over 200 email responses and I shared the poll on social media too, and overwhelmingly, the response was Old Skool Vans!! Something like a few hundred…to 4!
We’ve had such blah weather here in WI. It was cold and gloomy and just “blah” so we spent a lot of time inside and I made sheet pan meals/one pan meals because they feel like so much less work than other meals sometimes, and lots of naan pizzas for the kids.
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com!
- 3 ingredient cherry smoothie recipe – so many health benefits from cherries that make this smoothie even better!
- Weekly meal plan – a full week of recipes and complete grocery list to make your week easier
- Sausage, squash, apple and corn sheet pan dinner – easy and delicious!
- Love List – our weekly updates of great things from around the web.
I also updated two older recipes with a bit of a refresh!
- Cuban Empanadas – made in the Airy Fryer!
- Carne Asada Fries – easy for an appetizer or dinner and great for Cinco de Mayo
- Ben wanted cookies, thankfully we had some freezer chocolate chip cookies. He sat and watched them bake and brought a book over too lol.
- I used my cheese sauce recipe to make enchiladas with cheese sauce – but instead of the filling in the recipe, I made chicken – cooked from frozen in the IP for 20 minutes with ½ a jar of green enchilada sauce – and then 1 can of white beans and 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice. It was so yummy and made for a week of meals!
This was one of the sweetest comments I have received in a while and is 100% the reason I do this – in an effort to make your lives even just a little bit easier! So happy to see that the weekly meal plans are helping!
- “I just wanted to come by and pay you a compliment. Your meal plans are AMAZING! I follow maybe 30 apps, have over 60 cookbooks and have purchased many, many meal plans and yours are in the top ten. I love how you don’t repeat recipes (that usually makes me stop paying as much attention to a blogger because I love seeing something new or close to new every week) and the recipes you put out are ones my husband would eat and look amazing. Your photography skills are So thank you for sharing your talent with me and putting in the time to create a new product every week, I literally refresh from midnight until your meal plan is released all Saturday. Can’t wait to see what else is in store and what new recipes you release this summer on the meal plans :)”
- I love these peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars for a quick snack and this reader re-creation looks DELISH!
- These stretch food container covers. I love to use these instead of plastic wrap because it’s one step closer to using less plastic and they get a good seal and you don’t have to mess with pesky plastic wrap on containers!
- I’m almost done with Second First Impressions by Sally Thorn. It’s a lighter romance, this one definitely has a slower pace than other books I’ve read lately.
Cookbook of the week:
A cookbook I’ve had for quite awhile is still one of my favorites: Eating In The Middle: A Mostly Wholesome Cookbook – by Andie Mitchell.
- This book is for real life; meaning not every recipe is perfectly healthy and not every recipe is completely unhealthy – it’s a bit of both, which is exactly how we eat in reality!
- I have used this book to make recipes like chicken lettuce cups, meatballs and a tasty chicken curry!
- Crayon on highchair debacle. When the twins are coloring, they barely press down on the paper at all. OF COURSE the one time I turn around for 2 seconds to get them a different color crayon, I’m met with the sight of Freddie having completely covered his high chair tray in bright blue crayon. It used to be Ben’s high chair, and he kept saying “Freddie got crayon on my highchair” … even though he hasn’t used it in 2 years lol. Ben wanted to help clean it. We tried every cleaner we had, but nothing worked in the least. The magic solution? Vinegar and baking soda!
- Gloomy weather. We had some gloomy weather (and snow!) this past week, so we got to lounge a lot on the couch. Ben is too funny – he laid on our feet and we just laughed.
- Sharing is caring. Frankie and Freddie are the funniest at meal time. They’ll share things with each other. Like if Frankie doesn’t want fruit, she’ll give it to Freddie. He’s slowly learning to reciprocate.
- I’m already thinking of great recipes for Cinco de Mayo and I think we’ll make taco pizza for dinner and maybe even Mexican hot chocolate caramel cookies for dessert.
- A friend of mine just started watching Ginny & Georgia on Netflix. Have you seen it? I haven’t watched yet, but she swears it’s worth the watch!
- If you know someone that got into bread making (like me!) during the pandemic, these are the perfect gift for them. A friend of mine shared these with me and I laughed so hard – a must buy!
Are you watching any great shows? I’d love to hear so leave a comment below and let me know!