This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing some of my favorite recipes to make for Father’s Day and the best ways to upgrade a simple pork dinner!
First and foremost, Happy Father’s Day weekend to all the dads or father figures out there!!!
I feel incredibly lucky and grateful to have had the best dad ever growing up and to watch my husband Nick be the best father ever to our kids, and to have an amazing father-in-law.
Sharing recipes from the fathers:
- My dad’s scrambled eggs
- Nick’s faves: bacon cheese dip, beer brat & caramelized onion pizza, and salted caramel chocolate chip cookies
- My father-in-law taught me all about doughs and pizza. Sheet pan pizza and garlic bechamel prosciutto pizza are two of my favorites!
How will you be spending your weekend? Just hit reply and let me know!
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com!
- PB & J sundae – 5 ingredients and a major throw back to my childhood days enjoying a classic peanut butter and jelly.
- Weekly meal plan – helping make meal prep easier, along with a complete grocery list.
- Balsamic grilled vegetables – a repost of the best grilled side dish for the summer!
- Zucchini au gratin – for when zucchini takes over your garden, you’ll be glad you found this recipe
- Love List – weekly finds from all over the web
Pork is something we all love (even the kids) but do not make nearly enough!! I made some pork chops this week and Frankie did not want little cut up pieces, she wanted a whole slice to hold lol.
- This is the best pork seasoning mix to take your pork chops to the next level.
- Balsamic glazed pork tenderloin has been a long time favorite way to make pork tenderloins.
- Favorite quick dinner are these parmesan crusted pork chops.
- 5 ingredient pineapple pork chops are a delicious recipe that I love all summer long.
- Just put everything in a slow cooker for this awesome pork roast and potatoes recipe.
I had a work lunch from Panera and got ½ a green goddess cobb, and honestly, I like my grilled chicken green goddess cobb homemade one so much better!!
Speaking of green goddess…this dip/dressing is one that is SO GOOD with summer vegetables!!
Homemade ketchup is an easy, healthy alternative to store-bought. Check out what one of my readers had to say!
- “Ran out of ketchup and needed some for my corned beef hash with egg for breakfast from St. Patty’s Day. Not able to get to store to purchase some and came to find your recipe. I went ahead to make it and OH so good. So easy to make and more tasty than what I’ve purchased in the stores. I will make again and again. I thank you for sharing your great ketchup recipe, Truly awesome!”
These sprinkle cookie bars always make me so happy to look at and when a reader shares their re-creation, they become even more fun to see!
An outdoor portable speaker...that’s waterproof!!! <- that’s the more affordable one, the Xtreme version is a little more pricey but gets really good reviews. Either speaker would be an amazing addition to your outdoor space; ours is en route!
- I finished and LOVED Just Last Night! 5/5 recommend, a lovely summer book and if you’re into audiobooks, this one has really nice accents to listen to.
- How I missed that one of my favorite authors Taylor Jenkins Reid (author of The 7 Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and Daisy Jones and the Six and basically every other book I’ve ever read) just came out with a new book is a mystery…but I just found out about Malibu Rising and I’m ¼ in and it’s SOOO GOOD!!!
“Four famous siblings throw an epic party to celebrate the end of the summer. But over the course of 24 hours, their lives will change forever.”
- Sick day with mom. Freddie and Ben were both a little sick with a head cold. If I were another parent I wouldn’t have wanted them at school, and they both needed a little more time to get better, so they had a sick day at home with mom. I built legos and baked cookies with them, we had a nice day, and I’m hoping they get better asap.
- Ben’s summer haircut. Ok, so Ben has been doing this hair twirling thing for weeks. It’s a comfort thing kids do, apparently it’s very common, and you’re not supposed to bring attention to it because they don’t really know they’re doing it. The pediatrician reassured us it was totally normal. It’s still tough to watch your kid doing something and struggling. Well, then he got sick and was doing it at night. In the same spot…and got a little bald spot. It was getting really bald, and weird looking, so we gave him a summer haircut. He loves it, thankfully!! And it’s been a week and the hair is growing back super fast!
- Trying sugar snap peas. We got sugar snap peas from our CSA veggie box and Frankie loved them! So we’ve been having them with meals – bbq chicken and a wheat roll on her plate.
- Every morning before we go downstairs, Frankie is the cutest, she goes and gets some water and we brush her teeth. I’m going to need to get another little stool for their bathroom, they all love standing on it
- The key to keeping ground turkey burgers juicy and not dried out in this awesome recipe is ZUCCHINI. These are ‘skinny’ turkey burgers on bagel thins, and I know you’ll love how flavorful and delicious they are.
- A Discovery of Witches – via the Sundance app – 7 days free. I read the books and remember feeling the same way I feel about the show. LOVED book one, but then started to lose interest in book 2 and just wanted to skip to the end to get to the end. I kind of felt the same way with the show. The first season was SO GOOD. We stayed up late, me forcing Nick to stay awake and watch it with me, well past our bedtime and into the night lol. The season 2 was like meh, lots of quiet talking and we kept having to turn up the volume and then the sound balancing was off.
- And Loki is out and omg it’s SO GOOD. Might be my favorite Marvel series so far!
- These cute tabletop gnome torches are not only cute, but keep mosquitos away!