Are you tired of the same old breakfast? Looking for a delicious, health and easy-to-make breakfast that will keep you satisfied all morning? Look no further than this peanut butter and jelly overnight oats recipe which can be made in empty peanut butter or jam jars!
Not only is this recipe a tasty twist on a classic childhood favorite, it also is a great meal prep recipe. Simply mix together the ingredients (oats, milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and jelly-yay for this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday) the night before, let them sit in the fridge overnight, and wake up to a nutritious and filling breakfast.
Don’t throw away those almost empty jam or peanut butter jars/containers, you can make overnight oats in them.
Reasons why I love this recipe
- Tastes delicious – you get pb&j flavors throughout
- Super easy to make
- Very healthy
- Actually filling
- Uses empty jars – yay for being eco friendly
How to make peanut butter and jelly overnight oats
- In an empty peanut butter or jam jar or mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid, combine ingredients.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover the jar and place it in the fridge overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- In the morning, give the oats a stir and add any desired toppings. Enjoy!
This recipe is not only delicious, but it also provides a great balance of nutrients to keep you energized and full throughout the morning (you could add 1 tbs of chia seeds as well). The oats are a great source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, while the peanut butter provides healthy fats and protein. The chia seeds, if using also provide a boost of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Next time you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast option, give this peanut butter and jelly overnight oats recipe a try. It’s sure to become a new favorite!
PB&J Overnight oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, almond, soy, oat, cow, whichever works in this recipe
- 1/2 cup oats quick cooking or rolled work
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut butter or nut butter of choice, cashew butter works really well here too
- 1 Tablespoon Jam flavor of choice, I love strawberry
- 1 Tablespoon Chia seeds Optional
- In a mason jar with a tight fitting lid add all the ingredients
- Stir ingredients to combine so no big chunks remain
- Cover and place in fridge overnight (or minimum 6 hrs)
- In the morning give it a stir and add any additional toppings (like fresh fruit or nuts) and enjoy!