Looking for a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe that will impress your family and friends? Look no further than this mouthwatering slow cooker Italian pork recipe! With tender, flavorful meat that falls apart at the touch of a fork, this dish is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen.
What I love about this recipe:
- can be made into a freezer meal (simply put all ingredients in a freezer bag and label).
- can be served over: mashed potatoes, gnocchi, pasta, rice or on a sub sandwich.
- super easy to make – just put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and then set it and forget it.
- the whole family loves it.
How to make slow cooker Italian Pork
- Get your mirepoix ready. You can either buy an already made one (I do this, they sell it at Trader Joes or my local grocery store in the produce aisle). The measurements you’ll need are 2 cups chopped mirepoix or 1 small yellow onion, 2 stalks celery, 3 carrots, all finely chopped
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on 4 hours on HIGH or 7-8 hours on LOW. I prefer low on this recipe, then the meat is really fork tender.
- Use forks or a knife to cut the pork
Questions/Answers about this recipe:
- Q: Can you put raw pork in a slow cooker?
- A: absolutely! That’s how it will cook
- Q: can you leave pork in a slow cooker too long?
- A: unfortunately yes. If you leave pork in the slow cooker too long it will get tough and dried out
- Q: should I brown my pork before putting it in a slow cooker?
- A: yes you most certainly can, I don’t feel like it makes that big of a difference, but feel free to do so. Same with the veggies (mirepoix), you can cook that in a little olive oil before putting them in the slow cooker.
This slow cooker Italian pork is a hearty and delicious meal that will have everyone at the dinner table asking for seconds. It’s the perfect dish to make on a busy day when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, but still want to serve a flavorful and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear from you – what’s your favorite slow cooker dish? Reply in the comments below!
Slow cooker Italian pork
- 2 cups Mirepoix or 1 small yellow onion, 2 stalks celery, 3 carrots, all finely chopped
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes fire roasted or regular
- 2/3 cup chicken stock or you could use beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 lbs pork tenderloin or you could use boneless pork butt or shoulder, fat trimmed off
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours (low is preferred)
- Remove the pork to a platter or cutting board (remove the bay leaves) and cut the meat, return it to the slow cooker/sauce.
- Serve on top of rice, pasta, or gnocchi