If you’re looking for a unique pizza recipe, this sun-dried tomato clam pizza fits the bill. It’s super delicious and you’ll fall in love with the flavor combination of the toppings after first bite.
I’d been seeing chefs on TV making or eating clam pizza recipes left and right, so I definitely had it on my mind, but didn’t think it was really something I could make at home.
Not gonna lie, I really dig WW cookbooks, they have some amazing healthy meal ideas and recipes – like these skinny turkey burgers I shared, they’re from a Weight Watchers cookbook. So just know you’re definitely not sacrificing flavor for some really delicious healthy meals!
I opted to make this sun dried clam pizza on my fail-proof whole wheat pizza dough. You can absolutely use a pre-made pizza crust for this recipe, but if you’re feeling ambitious, my recipe for whole wheat pizza dough works really well for this recipe.
The toppings of sun-dried tomatoes and clams add a wonderful saltiness, and the basil topping adds that summer freshness.
While I wasn’t originally going to share the recipe, it tasted so good, I definitely couldn’t help but snap a few pictures and share it here on the blog, because I know this is a unique pizza I’ll be making on repeat!
I’d love to hear from you in the comments – have you ever tried clam pizza?
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Sun-Dried Tomato Clam Pizza
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 1 6 1/2 oz. can chopped clams, drained
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 8 oz. pre-baked thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups about 6 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat over to 450. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in cup and add enough boiling water to cover by 1 inch. Let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and chop. Combine clams, garlic and oil in small bowl. Toss well.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Sprinkle with mozzarella, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge. Top with Parmesan, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes and clams. Bake until cheese is bubbly and melted, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and cut into 8 wedges.