This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing how we’re holding on to the last few weeks of summer and telling you about my favorite (now nearby!) pizza place.
Could you spare 5 minutes (probably less) of your time and fill out my reader survey? It’s anonymous and the feedback truly helps shape the business going forward.
Also, there’s a chance to win $100 Visa or Amazon gift card.
You can also find the survey –>here<–
Sharing a whole lot of fun that was published on the blog this week – whew, we’ve been busy!
- 5 ingredient healthy turkey meatball – and it’s made in a slow cooker!
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – our family update from last week
- 5 ingredient beer bread – re-post alert!
- Reader survey 2020 – this is the survey I posted about above.
- The best freezer chocoalte chip cookies – the best way to make cookie dough ahead of time, freeze it and make cookies in no time at all.
- Avocado toast recipe with chickpeas – a great recipe from my friend’s new cookbook.
- Love List – weekly faves and inspiration!
What to Make:
It’s still very much 90 degrees, but the weekend weathert is looking closer and closer to fall – it’ll be here before we know it! While it’s still hot out, enjoy all of these no-bake recipes so you don’t have to turn on the oven!
- Chickpea salad in a jar – great to grab on the go.
- Tuna salad with pickled celery – a great, healthy lunch option
- Coconut date energy bites – love keeping these on hand for a quick snack. The kids love them too!
- The best side salad – classic and perfect to compliment any meal.
- Easy peach dessert – make the most of peach season with this dessert.
And, since summer is quickly winding up, it’s time to make all of those yummy zucchini recipes. Here is a quick roundup of some of my faves!
What I Made:
- I used random tomatoes from the garden (red/yellow/big/small) and made tomato cucumber salad and then added a leftover corn on the cob. So good!
- My first job in high school was at Lou Malnatis so it holds a special place in my heart. They opened a location near me, so we had famous Chicago pizza. It was glorious!
- Made grilled sweet potatoes for the millionth time, such a good recipe.
- Whenever life gets a little crazy, I turn to Home Chef (use code 40SweetPhi for $40 off your first two orders, $30 off the 1st and $10 off the second).
With all the grilling we’ve been doing, we always have ketchup on hand and using my quick homemade ketchup recipe is always more delicious!
- “Great recipe had no cider vinegar so used red wine vinegar and just put through a sieve to remove skin and seeds after cooking . Also put shake of garlic powder in . Can’t believe how easy and delicious this is , far superior to bought ketchup.”
Things I’m Loving:
- Do you l ike Krispy Kreme donuts? Well, they are opening a flagship store…in New York, of course. Check out all the details here.
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed:
- E-cloth – it cleans windows/glass streak free with just water!!
What I’m Reading:
- This week I finished Big Summer. It was good, and had a surprising twist in the middle of the book, but it was a little repetitive (ok, we get it, she needed self confidence). Anyone else read it?
- Currently crying my way through Untamed by Glennon Doyle. Definitely think it’s worth a read/listen if you’re a woman. Lots of powerful messages.
What I’m Watching:
- I haven’t had much extra time to enjoy any TV this week. But I’d love to hear what you’re watching!
- Ben continues to be a sweetie pie at meal time, helping his siblings eat.
- They’re eating food out of reusable pouches – even if you don’t make your own baby food, they’re nice to have if you want an ‘on the go’ snack like apple sauce but only have a big jar.
- Lots of walks as usual, Ben stopped by this one huge bush and wanted me to take his picture…right before he wanted to pull the leaves lol.
- Remember how we’re playing that scavenger hunt game – well I found the best card (gnome card).
- We continued to enjoy simple summer pleasures with…more popsicles!
- What starts out as watering plants ends in…
- On the same kids being goofy note…Ben climbed under the baby gate, and two seconds later there went Frankie…and Freddie
- I have the cutest office mates sometimes.
- Freddie was carrying the biggest rock around (that thing was heavy!) and he just laughed when I asked for it, lol.
- I was late at work, and Ben told Nick “let’s make pancakes, it’s EASY dad” <- wow! They made pancakes from my 5 ingredient cookbook and then we had them when I got home (I added a few mini m&ms to his).
Did you know?
- Not only do we now have an Amazing Amazon storefront, but you can also shop directly in posts. Our shopping images are at the bottom of each post and you can simply click on the image to purchase.
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: one my favorite summer posts talking about grilling once and enjoying it all week!
- Most liked Instagram post: Ben helping make pizza.
- Most pinned image: this healthy, slow cooker meatball dish
- Most viewed YouTube video: red wine brownies are topping the list this week
- Most purchased item: these super comfy and stylish jogger pants from my Nordstrom sale post.
What are you doing to soak up the last days of summer? I’d love to hear, so just leave a comment below and let me know!