This 5 ingredient curry chicken over coconut cauliflower rice recipe dish makes for a delicious and healthy dinner with bold international flavors.
The curry chicken is complemented by the creamy coconut milk infused cauliflower “rice”, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how filling yet calorie light this dish is!
Last year we went to a restaurant where one of the menu items was served over coconut rice. Ever since then, I’ve kind of been obsessed with coconut rice. I found actual coconut rice at Target (which I used in this 5 ingredient Hawaiian chicken rice bowls recipe) but wanted to see if I could make coconut cauliflower ‘rice’ out of cauliflower. It worked out SO well, I just had to share this recipe for this week’s Five Ingredient Friday!!!
Cauliflower “rice” is a really nice healthy alternative to actual rice. For the cauliflower “rice” there are two methods I have used to make it. The first is to cut the head of cauliflower into florets (remove the stem) and put the florets into a food processor (working in batches if necessary) and pulsate until it resembles rice-size pieces. The second method is to cut the head of cauliflower (remove the stem) with a sharp knife and cut it into tiny pieces, resembling rice. Also, I have found pre “riced” cauliflower at the grocery store (Trader Joes and Whole Foods both have premade cauliflower “rice”). To be honest, my favorite is when I find pre “riced” cauliflower, or the food processor method. But whatever works for you is what I say to go with!
As with my one pot Thai shrimp and quinoa dish and this shrimp cauliflower fried rice dish, this 5 ingredient curry chicken over coconut cauliflower rice is really good for meal prepping and making ahead for healthy meals!
Is this 5 ingredient curry chicken over coconut cauliflower rice good for meal prepping?
- Yes! Prepare this recipe at the beginning of the week and divide into separate containers so they are ready to go!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Yogurt Coconut Red Curry with Chicken and Vegetables
- 5 Ingredient Buffalo Cauliflower Nuggets
- Quick and Easy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
5 Ingredient Curry Chicken Over Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons curry powder divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 head of cauliflower riced (makes about 4 cups “rice” )
- Set the chicken on a cutting board or a plate and sprinkle about ½ teaspoon of curry powder onto each side of a chicken breast. Pat the curry powder into the chicken, flip it, and repeat so that all sides of the chicken are coated.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 ½ tablespoons of the olive oil over high heat for 1 minute, then add in the chicken and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt.
- Cook the chicken for 15 minutes, or until the chicken breast is cooked through, flipping occasionally.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the coconut cauliflower rice. In a large pot over high heat combine remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil with 1 cup coconut milk and bring it to a boil, about 3 minutes, then add in the cauliflower “rice” and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, then remove from heat until you are ready to serve.
- To serve divide the coconut cauliflower “rice” onto 4 plates and top with a curry chicken breast and enjoy.
Little Cooking Tips says
Another easy, healthy and delicious idea for lunch. Bravo Phi, you’re giving all of us so many great options to make it through the week:) Bless you!:)
Healthy lunch recipes are definitely a life saver 🙂
This looks fantastic! Pinning!
Thank you so much – glad you like it, and thank you for the pin, always appreciated 🙂
Kim Henrichs says
This looks so good!!
Thank you so much – it’s suuuuper delish!
Can you recommend a brand of coconut milk? And where to find it at grocery store? Thanks. It’s not something I usually cook with but I like rices cauliflower.
I would recommend Thai Kitchen brand of coconut milk, I love that it is organic. Most grocery stores have an international section, you’d be looking for it in the Asian section. Or you could always order it off of Amazon (http://amzn.to/2lfjNdK) Thank you for your question 🙂
Nick Votto says
This looks awesome! I’ll have to give it try. Thanks, Phi!
It’s so yummy, thanks for commenting!
Shawnna Griffin says
Hey girl- this looks really good!
Thank you so much!!
Pinning this because it looks delicious and like the perfect easy weeknight dinner for me!
Thank you so much for the pin, I think you’ll love this!