This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I want to make sure that you’re all set for Thanksgiving. Plus, our holiday gift guides have been updated and I would love for you to take a look!
We’re one week out – are you ready for Thanksgiving!? Last week, I shared everything you would need for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. If you missed it, you can find all of the great recipes in one place here.
Plus, I have a number of great roundups to make things easy for you:
- What to make for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving brunch ideas
- Thanksgiving side dishes
- Thanksgiving pies
- Thanksgiving desserts that aren’t pie
- And even a meal planner if you’re having a small Thanksgiving this year
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com. We’ve been busy sharing everything to make your holidays a bit easier:
- No bake cheesecake bites – the perfect last minute dessert
- Meal plan – an easy way to plan what you’re eating for the week
- Toddler gift guide – updated from last year to include some favorites
- Easy baked brie – a two ingredient appetizer that anyone can make
- Brown sugar pie – a Thanksgiving dessert that no one will expect
- Love List – fun finds from around the web
- Beauty lover gift guide – great finds for the beauty lover on your list
If you’re bringing cookies to Thanksgiving (pie alternatives are totally acceptable!), try this recipe for pumpkin spice latte chocolate chip cookies. This reader loved them and you will too!
- “These are the best cookies I’ve ever made. This is my fifth batch in a month, and everyone in my household grabs one every time they walk past the plate.”
- This reader re-creation is from Bridget, who is a member of the SweetPhi team! She was testing out some Thanksgiving desserts and made my cranberry walnut crumb dessert bars. Enjoy the work in progress photo – yum yum!
- How fun and happy are these slippers? Great gift to make anyone smile!
The weather is cold and cozying up to a good book is always a good idea! Plus, I hope to be able to sneak in some reading while at home with the new baby.
These are the books are on my list:
- Laine Moriarty’s new book Apples Never Fall– I love everything she’s written so I’m sure this will be just as great.
- The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews -it sounds super cute and festive, and it’s a short novella!
- The Intimacy Experiment – is a follow up to The Roommate which was a steamy-ish book with a good story, so on to book two!
- Atlas of the Heart – by Brené Brown – comes out end of November. It’s a book all about emotions and connection. Plus, I have friends who love all of her other books so I’m excited to check this one out.
- Twins plotting lol, and then always coming to sit on top of me, zero personal space lol
- I’m now “that mom” that forgot kids had “homework” (they had to make a thankful collage) so we woke up extra early! I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered they had to do it and set an alarm. Thankfully Nick remembered we had just gotten a bunch of catalogs -King Arthur and Legos – so the kids had a beautiful “thankful” artwork to turn in.
- It’s winter coat season!! My mom had gotten Frankie this beautiful Eddie Bauer jacket last year and now Frankie won’t take it off!
- Ben made these Thanksgiving turkeys all by himself, they’re so bright and colorful and I love them!
Holiday Gift Guides
We’re updating all of our gift guides and these three are the most recent ones we’ve shared – check them out for some great ideas!
You can always shop all of our gift guides plus plenty more ideas here!
- If cooking a whole turkey is too intimidating or you’re having a smaller Thanksgiving, try a turkey breast! And to make it even easier, try it in an Instant Pot or Air Fryer.
- Alyssa (from the team) just watched Red Notice. It just came out on Netflix and was pretty good! I mean, you can’t go wrong with the Rock and Ryan Reynolds, right!?
- I’ve got Thanksgiving on the mind and always love simplifying the process, so meal delivery is a great option!
Are you all ready and prepped for Thanksgiving? Just leave a comment below and let me know, I love hearing from you!
Leave a Reply