This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I want to make sure that you’re all set for Thanksgiving. Plus, our holiday gift guides have been updated and I would love for you to take a look!
We’re one week out – are you ready for Thanksgiving!? Last week, I shared everything you would need for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. If you missed it, you can find all of the great recipes in one place here.
Plus, I have a number of great roundups to make things easy for you:
- What to make for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving brunch ideas
- Thanksgiving side dishes
- Thanksgiving pies
- Thanksgiving desserts that aren’t pie
- And even a meal planner if you’re having a small Thanksgiving this year
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com. We’ve been busy sharing everything to make your holidays a bit easier:
- No bake cheesecake bites – the perfect last minute dessert
- Meal plan – an easy way to plan what you’re eating for the week
- Toddler gift guide – updated from last year to include some favorites
- Easy baked brie – a two ingredient appetizer that anyone can make
- Brown sugar pie – a Thanksgiving dessert that no one will expect
- Love List – fun finds from around the web
- Beauty lover gift guide – great finds for the beauty lover on your list
- “These are the best cookies I’ve ever made. This is my fifth batch in a month, and everyone in my household grabs one every time they walk past the plate.”
- This reader re-creation is from Bridget, who is a member of the SweetPhi team! She was testing out some Thanksgiving desserts and made my cranberry walnut crumb dessert bars. Enjoy the work in progress photo – yum yum!
- How fun and happy are these slippers? Great gift to make anyone smile!
The weather is cold and cozying up to a good book is always a good idea! Plus, I hope to be able to sneak in some reading while at home with the new baby.
These are the books are on my list:
- Laine Moriarty’s new book Apples Never Fall– I love everything she’s written so I’m sure this will be just as great.
- The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews -it sounds super cute and festive, and it’s a short novella!
- The Intimacy Experiment – is a follow up to The Roommate which was a steamy-ish book with a good story, so on to book two!
- Atlas of the Heart – by Brené Brown – comes out end of November. It’s a book all about emotions and connection. Plus, I have friends who love all of her other books so I’m excited to check this one out.
- Twins plotting lol, and then always coming to sit on top of me, zero personal space lol
- I’m now “that mom” that forgot kids had “homework” (they had to make a thankful collage) so we woke up extra early! I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered they had to do it and set an alarm. Thankfully Nick remembered we had just gotten a bunch of catalogs -King Arthur and Legos – so the kids had a beautiful “thankful” artwork to turn in.
- It’s winter coat season!! My mom had gotten Frankie this beautiful Eddie Bauer jacket last year and now Frankie won’t take it off!
- Ben made these Thanksgiving turkeys all by himself, they’re so bright and colorful and I love them!
Holiday Gift Guides
We’re updating all of our gift guides and these three are the most recent ones we’ve shared – check them out for some great ideas!
You can always shop all of our gift guides plus plenty more ideas here!
- If cooking a whole turkey is too intimidating or you’re having a smaller Thanksgiving, try a turkey breast! And to make it even easier, try it in an Instant Pot or Air Fryer.
- Alyssa (from the team) just watched Red Notice. It just came out on Netflix and was pretty good! I mean, you can’t go wrong with the Rock and Ryan Reynolds, right!?
- I’ve got Thanksgiving on the mind and always love simplifying the process, so meal delivery is a great option!
Are you all ready and prepped for Thanksgiving? Just leave a comment below and let me know, I love hearing from you!