This week in Catching up with the Kelnhofers, we are talking all things Thanksgiving! In this post, you can find absolutely every recipe you need all in one place.
I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Like, where did November go? With baby #4 due anytime (actually due on Thanksgiving Day!), our plans are up in the air, but I still want to make sure you are prepped for whatever fun your day holds! So enjoy this Thanksgiving-centric newsletter to share all of the things you need to be prepared for Thanksgiving!
What to make for Thanksgiving Dinner:
- Thanksgiving snack board – great way to start the day and have around while the big meal is being cooked
- Thanksgiving salad – with candied seeds, cheese and fruit. Yum!
- Roasted squash and sweet potatoes – we always make this recipe on Thanksgiving day.
- Sourdough stuffing – the best homemade stuffing out there, made with sausage and sourdough bread!
- Stuffed mushrooms – only 5 ingredients in these bad boys, they’re so good!
- Sweet potato casserole – made in a slow cooker – helps to free up oven space.
- Mashed potatoes – made with a secret ingredient.
- Broccoli divine – only 5 ingredients and so so good. An annual tradition in my family.
- Classic cranberry sauce – nothing fancy, just a simple delicious cranberry sauce
- How to make a turkey – there are plenty of ways, but this is a time-tested method
- Mushroom gravy – super easy to make!
- Apple cider ginger beer mule – super fall/festive and so delicious!
- Find a full recipe round up here!
- Thanksgiving side dishes roundup!
- Easy pumpkin pie – only 5 ingredients and turns out perfectly every time!
- Pumpkin pecan pie – a fun mixture on two classic pies
- Pecan pie – the best pecan pie recipe I’ve ever made!
- Cranberry walnut crumb bars – a great alternative to pie
Small family Thanksgiving – menu and timeline (and how/what to make ahead!)
And don’t forget the leftovers!
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com:
- Chicken and stuffing recipe – made in the slow cooker
- Meal plan – a week full of great recipe options and an easy-to-make grocery list
- Corn syrup pecan pie – the latest in our back of the bottle series
- Love List – fun finds from throughout the web
- My Santa List for the kids – what “Santa” is bringing to my kids (ages 2 and 5)
- We took my recipe for easy pumpkin pie (only 5 ingredients) and made mini pumpkin pies – we just used mini graham cracker pie crusts, so good…and fun!
You can’t have Thanksgiving without delicious potatoes. Cheesy potatoes are always delicious!
- “Super easy and delicious. This will become a staple in our house!”
And roasted squash and sweet potatoes is one of our favorite side dishes we always make:
- “Thank you! This made my Canadian Thanksgiving! It was a hit!”
For the Thanksgiving issue, I had to share a side we always make. This reader shared their recreation of my recipe for roasted squash and sweet potatoes. Plus, check out these pumpkin pies submitted by another reader.
- Everybody needs a good meat thermometer and you still have time to order before Thanksgiving!
- I read this book in 2 evenings (yes, I stayed up later than I should have lol) – it’s a very cute story!! The Fastest Way To Fall
- Just got notified my hold copy was ready for My Sweet Girl -a thriller – so on to that next.
Then the rest of my reading list:
- Laine Moriarty’s new book Apples Never Fall– I love everything she’s written.
- The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews -it sounds super cute and festive, and it’s a short novella!
- The Intimacy Experiment – is a follow up to The Roommate which was a steamy-ish book with a good story, so on to book two!
- Atlas of the Heart – by Brene Brown – comes out end of November, a book all about emotions and connection.
- Car pizza picnic – it had been a really long work day for both Nick and I and he suggested getting pizza in the car. So I grabbed some paper plates and apple sauce and we ordered a large cheese for the kids and a specialty pizza for us from Transfer MKE and drove/parked down by the lake. It was so much fun, and the kids ate the ENTIRE pizza, unexpected lol.
- Thanksgiving turkey banner– we updated our seasonal banner with hand-turkeys decorated with feathers!
- Fall fun – Freddie is loving fall…and a hat that’s 2 sizes too small, but he refuses to wear a different one, so here we are.
- Date night – Nick and I were able to sneak in a date night. At the end of the night we stopped by the Milwaukee Public Market (where we had our wedding reception 9 years ago!) to grab a piece of chocolate!
Holiday Gift Guides
You can always shop all of our gift ideas here – it’s super simple!
- Nick made waffles with the kids using the small waffle makers I’m in love with and made a double batch so we could have some in the freezer for the week ahead!
- I just learned about a new show on the Food Network called Battle for the Bird. On this show, two competing kitchens will go head to head to see who can create the best Thanksgiving party. Plus, Carson Kressley is hosting and I love him! It’s nice to see a few Thanksgiving-themed shows peppered in with all of the holiday baking shows!
- I’ve heard amazing reviews of this dish soap – perfect for all those Thanksgiving dishes!!
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? Just leave a comment below and let me know, I love hearing from you!
P.s., if planning/cooking everything with no roadmap seems stressful, I wrote a whole post on Thanksgiving meal delivery where they send you all the ingredients for your meal!