This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, we’re keeping it short and sweet! It’s a new year and we’re looking forward to a fresh start.
The week between Christmas and New Years is a blur, I think we can all agree on that! But I do love the week leading up to New Years and taking a look back at the past year (and byeeee 2021)
Before we dive in to the newsletter, I thought I’d share some content highlights of the past year:
- 98 new Blog Posts
- 52 new Love Lists
- 42 new Meal Plans – this is a series we started this past year!
- 43 new recipe videos created + shared (they’re on the recipe blog post and on the SweetPhi Youtube!)
- Note: all of this wouldn’t be possible without your amazing engagement and support and the help of the SweetPhi team big big thank you to them!
This is what my holiday break looked like:
- Line 1: lots of cookie baking and eating/enjoying
- Line 2: Christmas eve, and leaving cookies for santa and carrots/apple for the reindeer
- Line 3: Christmas morning, Santa came and the kids made the holiday so magical!
- Line 4: More holiday break fun
Check out the latest posts on SweetPhi.com:
- Sour cream and chive fries – a recipe inspired by tasty fries from Saz’s (a Milwaukee fave)
- Top recipes of 2021 – including favorite failures and success stories
- Air Fryer fish sandwich – complete with homemade dill tartar sauce
- Love List – weekly fun finds from around the web
Recipes to start your New Year out:
- 5 ingredient breakfast bowls – a great way to start the day with a vegetable.
- Vitamin C boost smoothie – a boost in vitamin c is always a good idea!
- Crispy chicken and arugula salad – a favorite of mine all year round.
- 5 Ingredient tomato and white bean soup – made with super easy ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- Butter and tomato poached white fish – easy, healthy and delicious. Perfect for the new year!
- Slow cooker tomato pot roast – a slow cooker meal is always a good idea, especially in the New Year.
- 5 Ingredient cherry chicken and couscous – an easy dinner with a fun twist on a traditional chicken dish.
I swear by this lotion. My hands get so dry in the winter; they literally crack open and bleed. It’s awful. The only hand cream I’ve found that works, is this (it’s only $3!)!
Thought I’d share my favorite books from the past year:
- Romance: People We Meet On Vacation
- Novel: Malibu Rising
- Life: The Lazy Genius Way
- Parenting: How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
- General: Stillness is the Key
- Did you get a kitchen appliance for Christmas? Like an Instant Pot or Air Fryer
- Check out my Instant Pot recipes (like this pork ragu or creamy chicken gnocchi soup.
- Check out my Air Fryer recipes (like this crispy chicken!)
- I’m making 4 recipes from my 5 ingredient cookbook this week – do you have a copy?
How were your holidays? Just leave a comment below and let me know!
Leave a Reply