This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I am giving you a peak into my Amazon cart, sharing some of our family favorite items for summer and the best grilling recipes to help celebrate the special Father’s in your life!
I always love taking a peek at what’s in peoples’ shopping carts, so I thought I’d show you what’s currently in my Amazon cart:
- Carla Hall’s Soul Food: Everyday and Celebration – I’ve heard this cookbook is amazing and I love Carla (and I can never have enough cookbooks)
- Amazon Essentials ankle jogger pants – I need some new comfy loungewear and Amazon Essentials has had some great finds for me (I like ankle length because I’m short!)
- Newmans Own Popcorn (Sea Salt) – Yes, I order this in a big bulk box, lol. It’s microwaveable popcorn and is the best popcorn ever. It’s so easy and good, and I love that 100% of profits go to charity, I know I’ve mentioned this popcorn before!
- Fat Toad Farm Goats Milk Caramel – I’m out of my favorite caramel and want to make salted caramel chocolate chip cookies!
- Crocs – No shame in my Crocs game. I wore the fur lined pair Nick got me for my birthday into the ground, they were just destroyed, I did gardening and everything in them. I’ve now opted for a plain pair to continue using as a quick slip on comfy around the house and chasing the kids shoe
- Stacking cups – babies and toddlers love stacking cups, it’s a great indoor and outdoor toy (you can set up a bowl of water and have them scoop water from one side to the next)
- Washable markers – the only markers I ever want in my house again. We are missing a bunch so it’s time for some new ones
- Construction paper – crafts are endless with some construction paper (even the listing has a bunch of cool ideas!)
- Untamed by Glennon Doyl – I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book so I can’t wait to read it
New on the Blog:
- Sourdough Scallion Pancake – one more dish I made using my sourdough discard.
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – the weekly family update
- Taco Pizza – a great dish to make with leftover taco meat
- Family Essentials – Summer Edition – sharing some of my favorite family items for the summer!
Another fun thing! When you sign up for my newsletter, there is an e-cookbook you get (a pdf with recipes). I recently updated it, so I wanted to share it with you! >Click here< to download the updated e-cookbook with 25 fast and easy recipes.
What to Make:
It’s Father’s Day weekend, so we’re grilling! I love to take full advantage of the summer months and grill whatever we can. Below are a few of our favorites:
- Grilled balsamic vegetables or grilled broccoli – two great veggie side options!
- Grilled steak and chimichurri – you can’t go wrong with chimichurri-I make a quicker anything-goes type of chimichurri and pair it with freezer fries, so good!
- Grilled hot chicken sausage – if Dad prefers a little more spice, this is a an awesome option.
What I’ve Been Making:
- Ben got up super early the other day (he’s been getting up at 5am), so we baked, of course! We made the easiest banana muffins.
- I can honestly say even though my experience with a sourdough starter has been shaky, it has really taught me about working with dough. I used my sourdough starter to make my sourdough pizza and I used a little more whole wheat flour (because I keep running out of flour- thank God for my mother in law who drops off a bag every few weeks when I’m out-out and text her asking if she has a little to spare lol). I used up ingredients we had in the fridge and still, this pizza was so so so good!
- I made General Tso’s Cauliflower from the Damn Delicious Meal Prep: 115 Easy Recipes for Low-Calorie, High-Energy Living Cookbook – the flavor was SPOT ON! This is the 5th or 6th recipe I’ve made from this cookbook, I’m going to need to add it to my favorite cookbooks list.
Since we’re talking grilling, don’t take it from me, listen to what this reader said about my balsamic grilled vegetable dish:
- “I made this today to take to a potluck, since I already knew that a similar recipe with brussel sprouts was good. This will replace that recipe for sure. This will be on my table in some variation every week or two.”
Links from Around the Web:
- I ordered plain cotton / washable masks for us. We haven’t really needed them until now because we basically haven’t left the house! Ben LOVED wearing it and Nick calls us Ninjas.
- You know how much I love skin care products (you can see my Night Skincare Routine here) – I heard about this luxury skincare small company called Monastery Made (<– use that link for 20% off). It’s super premium, super natural, super amazing skincare. I’ve used it 3 days and am already in love.
- I also just ordered another of my favorite Drunk Elephant face cleanser because I was out; I’ve never loved a product more.
What I’m Reading:
- I finally finished reading Oona out of Order – it was a good book. It was just generally different from other books I’ve read, so I like that. Overall, I’d give it a 4/5.
- I’m now reading You Deserve Each Other – I’m actually listening to it. So far, it’s a little whiney but not so bad that I don’t want to know what is happening, lol. I will say it’s getting better, but I’m in hour 3 of 8 before I could say that.
- Also, I just got Untamed. I’ve heard from everyone who has read it that it was a must read!
What I’m Watching:
- The King of Staten Island – we rented this on Amazon. If you like Pete Davidson of SNL, you’ll like this movie. It was quirky. Let me know if you’ve seen it!
- We visited Ben’s aunt (Nick’s sister) and he kept saying he wanted a special cup and I had no idea what he was talking about. We got there and she had a special cup with a fun straw waiting for him. Apparently she always has special cups for him, lol.
- The mess, it’s not for the faint of heart when playing with all the kids and Legos
- I’ve taken some nice walks with the twins, but Ben wanted to stay home. As soon as I got home, he ran into the driveway and said ‘take a picture of me mom’ – happy to oblige, lol.
- We got dinner from Cafe Lulu in Milwaukee- oh my goodness, so good and they did not skimp on the sides. It was dinner/lunch for 2 days in a row and so good!
- We ate our leftovers outside (thanks Cafe Lulu!)
- I was cleaning out a drawer and found a shirt and onesie for Ben and Nick LOL (it was a 6 month onesie but Ben squeezed into it).
- Why is peonies season so short? I LOVE them. This year, I got about 3 bunches, not enough!!
- I bought Frankie this little rainbow dress from Hanna Anderson the second I found out I was pregnant with a girl, she’s too cut in it. It’s very retro and I just love it.
- ALSO – Frankie took a few steps this week!!!!
- It was quiet, so I walked down the hall and OMG the twins were halfway up the stairs!!! Baby gate time.
- Nick’s mom dropped off another fun craft from the library. It turned out so cute!
Did you know?
- I just updated the “About Me” section on my website. A lot of life has happened and it was time to add some more info to this page, so go check it out!
Popular This Week:
- Most visited blog post: a summertime favorite – beer brats made in an Instant Pot
- Most liked Instagram post: this recipe post for the best side salad.
- Most pinned image: the salad was also popular on Pinterest!
- Most viewed YouTube video: easily the most-cooked recipe in our house, the video for eggless waffles is a favorite this week.
- Most purchased item: these basic, breathable and washable masks from Etsy (they’re so soft and they have sizes for the whole family)
What’s in your Amazon cart? I love seeing good shopping finds from other people, so just leave a comment below and let me know.