I’m one of those people who loves broccoli. I’m guessing that, as a kid, I didn’t always love it, but I sure do now. And this recipe is quickly becoming my new favorite way to eat it…I’ve made it every week for the past month! I’m so excited to share this perfect grilled broccoli vegetable side dish recipe with you, happy five-ingredient Friday!
I once met someone who always sautéed her broccoli in soy sauce. I, of course, thought it was a bit odd, but of course, as soon as I tried it, I loved it. Another amazing way to eat broccoli.
Making broccoli that everyone loves isn’t always easy. For instance, Nick doesn’t love the amount of lemon in this recipe. It just happens to be my favorite part! (remember how I told you I’m so into lots of lemon flavor in this air fryer chicken piccata recipe?) Luckily, you can easily adjust the amount of lemon in the recipe. When the broccoli is done cooking, I always squeeze a little extra lemon on top. I could easily skip that step, for example. Or maybe I’ll just skip it on Nick’s portion 🙂
Two summers ago, I made a delicious balsamic grilled vegetable side dish and it’s been one of my favorite and most popular grilling dishes. I make it all the time and it gets rave reviews (just like I think this broccoli will). Both of these vegetable dishes are simple and amazing. I’m thrilled to help give recipes for vegetable side dishes people actually eat and love.
For this recipe, I use the same grill basket that I mention in the balsamic grilled vegetable recipe. It is probably my most favorite summer kitchen necessity and makes all of the difference when cooking veggies on the grill.
It’s so simple to make this grilled broccoli dish!
- Trim broccoli and put in grill pan
- Cut lemon and nestle slices between broccoli florets
- Squeeze lemon juice on top
- Put on grill and pour a little olive oil on broccoli (flames will rise, so be careful, but I love how it even using a gas grill it get’s a nice ‘grilled’ flavor on it)
- Add a hint of salt and garlic salt
- Grill and then before serving add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on if desired, then enjoy!
Aaaannnnd, since we are in Wisconsin, I of course like to add cheese wherever possible. I suppose I’m fulfilling the stereotype, but it’s just so tasty! For this recipe, I love to shred a little fresh parmesan on top. You can, of course, skip this step to keep the dish even more healthy than it is.
Grilling veggies are one of the best ways to get that extra charred flavor and experiment with all sorts of flavors, and I think you’re going to fall in love with this grilled broccoli side dish recipe as much as I have!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Roasted Vegetables with Fried Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- Summer Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Quick Pickled Vegetables
Grilled Broccoli Vegetable Side Dish
- 2 heads of broccoli serves a family of 4. Use 3 heads if this is for a group
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt
- Generous pinch of garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded (optional)
- Heat your grill to high (I use a gas grill but these would definitely work on a charcoal grill)
- Trim the broccoli
- Slice the lemon
- Place broccoli in grill pan or basket and tuck slices of lemon throughout
- With the ends of the lemon, squeeze juice all over the top of the broccoli
- Place grill pan on the grill and pour olive oil on top
- Sprinkle a hint of salt and garlic salt
- Grill for 12 minutes, stirring after 6 minutes
- Move to lower heat and grill for 5 more minutes. Broccoli will shrink in size.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if using, and enjoy!