This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I m sharing a very exciting update to the website, some of our very favorite grilling recipes and the sweetest reader recreation.
I have been working diligently behind the scenes to get a new exciting feature up on the website and it’s finally ready!! (aka – I finally got approved by the amazon.com gods)
You can learn more about it at the bottom of the newsletter, but…exciting news is that I now have a virtual “storefront” where you can see all of my favorite kitchen utensils, business tools, kids items and so much more.
I’ve added a ‘shop’ link to my homepage menu for you to come back to any time. If you click on it, you’ll be directed to my Amazon storefront where you can shop directly. I’d love for you to check it out and let me know what you think!
New On The Blog:
Another week of fun new blog posts for you to enjoy!
- Love List – sharing my favorite articles, items and finds all across the web.
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – updates from last week.
- Grill meal prep recipes – when we fire up the grill, we cook all sorts of food for the week and I’m sharing recipes and tips.
- How to make pizza with kids – cooking with kids can be so fun and pizza is a great place to start!
What to Make:
Last week I shared tomato recipes, and Nick said “you forgot the tomato tarts!” True – I make those at least once a summer, so so good!
This week, I am all about grilling! Get the most out of late summer by grilling as often as you can. Some of my favorite recipes to grill are below:
- Grilled balsamic vegetables – the best way to eat vegetables on a grill
- Grilled broccoli – a nice little kick of lemon to lighten up a broccoli side dish
- Grilled sweet potatoes – a great alternative to baked sweet potato fries
- Remoulade Sauce – we pretty much eat this on everything
- Magic green sauce – only 5 ingredients and so yummy!
What I Made:
- Those quick pickled eggs – I’m telling you, you have to make them!
- I made the eggs and had them as a side with lunch (with the ham and Swiss sandwich with mustard maple mayo – find the recipe here) and then I had them on a salad! So so good!
- We made my sour cream and chive turkey burgers and grilled them. Man-o-man are they good. Seriously, one of my favorite turkey burgers.
- Then I made sourdough pizza crust with my sourdough starter discard. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I made the dough through rising, and then before where I would bake it, I divided it in 4 and left it in the fridge for 2-3 days, then made it into super thin crust pizzas. That dough, it’s just perfect!!
This recipe for chicken, potatoes, carrots and herbs is best when you can get most of the ingredients from the Farmer’s Market so making it now is a great option!
- “I made your recipe last night in my new Brevilla Oven. It was simply delicious. I also included some celery, green beans and mushrooms. It was a big hit. Thank you. I will make this again very soon. 5 *****”
Things I’m Loving:
- I love my Instant Pot and I know it has a million different functions, but I lol’d after reading this article where they tested if an Instant Pot doubled as a smoker. The answer…no.
- An interesting article about how Covid is having an effect on pepperoni!
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed:
- These “meat claws” that are the best for shredding meat without a problem!
What I’m Reading:
- I’m currently reading Big Summer – it started out just ‘ok’. I wondered where it was going, but then in the middle (where I’m at now) it really hooked me! Now I actually cannot wait to hear what happens next!!
What I’m Watching:
- Have you ever heard of restorative yoga? It’s gentle stretches, very relaxing. I found a class on YouTube I love.
- I’ve been doing a lot of crafting with Ben: we made a shark for his aunt, and then he wanted to make a ‘jelly fish monster’ his for dad. We weren’t done there – his next request was a gift for Captain (his grandfather) – he was getting a ‘bridge’ (really just a scrap of paper lol).
- I’m starting them young: Frankie got to “help” me in the kitchen cooking stool.
- As soon as I sit down on the floor, the twins crawl all over me, lol.
- You know how I just posted about kids board games? I added one to the list, my mother in law gave Ben Scavenger hunt indoor/outdoor and it’s so so good, we play it for hours!
- One of my friends gave Ben an educational numbers book, and I’m SO IMPRESSED with him. Without instruction he started doing the book, and he counted to 12, by himself!!!
- We had such a fun summer afternoon, probably one of the only one’s that felt like a summer day, given these odd times (we don’t leave our house or go anywhere, when in the past we used to go all over with the whole family in tow.) One of Nick’s family members had a social distancing birthday party with Pete’s popsicles – the twins got to share a popsicle (it really just ended up getting all over me but oh well) it was so cute to see them enjoying the simple summer treat.
- Frankie now waves hello and it’s just about the cutest thing ever.
- I took Ben on a bike ride and he wanted to bring one of his toy dinosaurs, then the dinosaur needed a toy, so Ben stopped for a rock lol.
Did you know?
- You can now shop on Sweetphi.com! In the top navigation bar, you’ll see a link to my “shop.” Once on the shopping page, you can search tons of things I use in my everyday life!
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: these tasty quick pickled eggs
- Most liked Instagram post: This story of Ben making me cry
- Most pinned image: a long-time favorite slow cooker recipe.
- Most viewed YouTube video: delicious cookies are back on top of the list!
- Most purchased item: My favorite grill basket (we use it every week)
Is there something you’ve purchased lately that you’ve absolutely loved? I’d love to hear, so just leave a comment below and let me know!