‘Tis the season and we’re not talking about those holidays! Nope, we’re talking about tomato season. It’s time for an abundance of fresh tomatoes and we’re sharing our favorite fresh tomato recipes.
- Perfect when you have vegetables and herbs in-season and flexible enough to be a main meal or a side dish. This salad just feels fresh, making it perfect for summertime.
- Tomatoes wrapped in a light and crisp tart crust – and don’t forget the cheese! You’re well on your way to a great savory snack that looks beautiful and only takes 30 minutes to make.
- Try your hand at fresh focaccia and you may never buy it at the store again. It’s fun to make (you get to poke little holes int he dough 🙂 and so rewarding to taste the final product. Our biggest advice: don’s skip the second rise!
- A fun twist on a traditional Panzanella. This version has amazing Sourdough croutons and tasty peaches which make it oh-so-yummy. And best of all, for those of you who don’t like onions, you won’t find any in this Panzanella.
- A creamy amazing homemade sauce that is a healthier take on a traditional Rosa tomato sauce. By using skim milk and sour cream, instead of heavy cream, you still get that great creamy texture yes this version is more light and airy thick (and still delicious)!
- We love a good guacamole recipe and this is a super quick version. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies in the form of fresh tomatoes.
- Only 4 ingredients and made with a whole wheat crust. We love making galettes because they are meant to be messy and made with super simple ingredients. Easy peasy!
- Did you know you can easily make enchilada sauce at home? And homemade always tastes better! With some simple cooking, plenty of great spices and less than 20 minutes, you’ll have an amazing sauce ready to go.
- If you’re looking for something to take to a summertime BBQ, this salsa is it. Your friends will be thrilled that it’s a fun twist on a classic dish and you’ll be thrilled that it was super easy to make.
Roasted Vegetables with Chicken and Turkey Sausage
- Another easy dinner (that’s what we’re all about!) that’s packed with flavor, this dish literally requires you to simple chop a few things, toss in olive and roast. That’s it! Get creative with what vegetables are on hand and have some fun.
- Tastes better and better for you – two things we are always a fan of. Instead of being packed with sugar, like the store-bought ketchup, use this 5 ingredient recipe to make your own!
- So simple and another great option for taking to a picnic, party, BBQ or anywhere really! You can get creative with ingredients if you don’t have what’s on hand
- Taking a classic, easy dish and make it a bit more casual and fun. That’s exactly what this surf and turf recipe is all about. Tomatoes aren’t the hero in this dish, but they are a very welcome addition.
Kale and salmon salad | BLT pizza | Vegetarian sandwich
- Adding fresh tomatoes to this pizza will make it taste even better! This BLT pizza takes all of your favorite flavors from the classic sandwich and throw them onto a pizza crust. Fun for kids and delicious for adults.
- Bright and amazing and perfect for the season. We love this salad because the flavors are such a perfect balance of sweet, tangy and savory. Plus, it’s beautiful to look at which is always the very best way (after all, we eat with our eyes first)!
Roasted Kale and Salmon Detox Salad
- Any meal that can be made on one sheet pan is a winner to us and this kale and salmon salad is just that. Mixed in with the kale, you’ll find beautiful cherry tomatoes that compliment the earthy tones in the kale for the perfect combination.
- This crispy chickpea shawarma pita is great for lunch or dinner and perfect for vegetarians or meat eaters alike! Never crisped a chickpea before? Check out the recipe to learn how in your air fryer or on your stovetop.
- This sandwich brings you protein in the way of tofu. And if you’re skeptical, we promise you’ll want to give it a try the way we teach you how in this recipe. Any sandwich that is healthy, fresh and still this delicious gets a gold star from us.
- Any great side salad needs to have tomatoes so we had to be sure to include this one into the roundup. Whenever you need to compliment a great grilled dish, hearty meal at home or anything in between, start with this salad.
- Another twist on a classic, with your fave taco toppings and flavors set atop a simple crust. If you’re looking to switch it up on Taco Tuesday, try a taco pizza instead!
Leave a Reply