This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing all about the move! Well, I’m sharing as far as we’ve come with the move – still lots of unpacking to go!
What a blur this past week has been.
We moved – just 3 miles away from where we were-but whoa, what a process moving is. Especially with kids underfoot and during this time of corona wearing masks and trying to socially distance.
But we did it, and as soon as a few things are unpacked, I’ll share some more pictures.
Here are a few moving photos:
Oh and I tried out Clare paint – highly recommend! More on that below.
New on the blog:
I was so happy to have things scheduled out this week, so I was able to share some great content, even while rushing around moving!
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – family updates from last week
- One pot sausage and rice casserole – recipe repost, such a good fall recipe
- The best pizza recipes – you can never have enough pizza and this is a roundup of my faves!
- Love List – my weekly list of things inspiring me around the web
- 5 ingredient cheese sauce – recipe repost, this sauce is so good!
What to make:
All things eggs! I love cooking with eggs when I’m in a hurry because they are quick to make and packed with protein. Here are a few of my favorite egg dishes:
- Egg cups – these are the best for a quick breakfast or snack throughout the day.
- Scrambled eggs with toast – the best, most fluffy eggs ever.
- Spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon and a mustard vinaigrette – a favorite salad at our house.
- Egg salad sandwich with bacon – adding bacon makes everything better.
- 5 ingredient ramen with an egg – a great way to class up a basic ramen dish
- Quick picked eggs (great protein snack, just made a batch tonight!) – these are a great snack. I actually just made a batch tonight.
What I’m making:
- I made chicken salad for our lunches – always a fave of Nick’s.
- I had some leftover egg noodles and used them in place of spaghetti in my chicken spaghetti casserole and the kids loved it!!
- I’ve been having to have 3 plates all prepped and ready to go for the kids for dinnertime, otherwise it’s just a madhouse (well, it still is lol).
I’m sharing two great comments on my Asian ground turkey rice bowls – a recipe we love in our house too!
- “Wow! I made this tonight for my health conscious husband and his colleagues. They all loved it. Substituted quinoa for rice. I had a bagged asian salad mix (red cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumbers). Made the extra sauce and used lots of cilantro. 5 stars.”
- “YUM!! Needed to use up some ground turkey and stumbled upon this, and I’m so glad I did. Quick and great flavor, the whole family enjoyed. I had to sub chili garlic paste for the gochujang, and cut it back to 1 tsp for kids. I didn’t have pickled veggies either so I julienned and lightly sautéed what I had – bell peppers, carrots and cabbage – and that worked great. Thanks for a new and fun addition to our dinner rotation!!”
I absolutely love seeing readers re-create my recipes and this week, I’m excited to share three recreations!
- My mother-in-law brought over lamb meatballs with yogurt sauce. They are one of my favorite things she makes. Plus, it was so nice not to have to cook the day before we moved!
Things I’m Loving
- I mentioned it above but I am loving Clare paint. They have great color options and it’s all self-priming. Yay for one less step!
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed
- This cabinet coffee cup organizer – I just got one for all those awkward big iced coffee cups and it’s so great!! I put travel coffee mugs, water bottles, odd-shaped cups/bottles and it has been one of my fave Amazon finds!
What I’m Reading
- Manuals on constructing furniture lol. I mean seriously though!
- I also just started Just got One To Watch, so I’ll keep you posted on if I like it or not.
What I’m Watching
- We barely have a TV hooked up, so we definitely haven’t had time to enjoy watching anything this past week! What are you watching?
- Moving day fun – my first ‘meal’ at the new house was a lettuce and cheese sandwich lol. The previous owners left that food in the fridge and I was unpacking while Nick brought over another car-full.
- Nick came into the new house and said he brought the most important thing over from the old house and I should come look. He brought my GNOMES! LOL
- Speaking of gnomes…I’m looking for a few more, any sources? Or recommendations?
- The kids have been loving the new space!
- I got this expensive outside chair set back in July because I loved it so much and it was running low in stock. I mean, it’s beautiful!! It took Nick 3 days to put together (missing parts), but it was so uncomfortable, so returning it – and those boxes are huge!! Oh, and the power went out.
- In happier furniture news, I got these shelves for what will be my office, and my father in law helped build them, omg are they gorgeous and perfect!
- Nick and I were taking a trip to finish cleaning out the old house and had a little date day/afternoon. Our first stop was Mexican food from a little hole in the wall which we ate in the car. Then we cleaned out our house and then we went to get Small Pie to take home for dinner. Oh my goodness was it delicious, and the kids loved it (I know I’ve mentioned Small Pie before – such a fan and love how safe they make it feel)!! AND, it was so nice to spend some time with just Nick <3
Did you Know?
- Did you know that we’ve been working on updating my Instagram highlights? Take a peak and always let me know if there is anything you’d like me to save to my highlights!
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: People were loving my post for three ingredient banana pancakes.
- Most liked Instagram post: this post about our big move!
- Most pinned image: this chilly weather has people saving this post for a chili bar for a party.
- Most viewed YouTube video: Eggless waffles remain the most popular video still!
- Most purchased item: mini bowls with lids – I use these ALL the time.
How was your week? Did you do anything fun for Labor Day? I’d love to hear, so just leave a comment below and let me know.