Pizza is undoubtedly one of the most beloved foods in the world, and for good reason. With its delicious blend of crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings, pizza is a crowd-pleaser that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party, having a movie night with friends (or hosting kids’ friends), or just craving some comfort food, pizza is always a great choice. With so many differed types of pizza, I’ve put together a roundup to help you find your perfect pie:
- Sheet pan pizza –We make this on repeat in our house. Seriously, I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve made it. The recipe feeds a large group of people and can be made ahead of time, prepped and kept in the freezer. Then simply pull it out and bake – as easy as that!
- Pizza with pepperoni peppers and hot honey – not going to sugar coat it, THIS is my FAVORITE pizza ever. I’m even known to order a pizza with pepperoni and peppers from delivery (anywhere, think pizza hut) and then add my own hot honey on it, sooo good.
- Sausage pizza with kale A great way to sneak kale into anyone’s diet – put it on a pizza! When you crisp kale in the oven, much of the bitter bite gets taken away and it, instead, just adds a great crispy texture to a classic sausage pizza.
- 5 ingredient jalapeno enchilada pizza Anytime a recipe is only 5 ingredients, it automatically tops my list of favorites. This pizza has cream cheese on the top…which sounds weird at first, but I promise, try it and you will be hooked!
- Pizza with kids – this post is a compilation of tips and tricks of how to enjoy making pizza in the kitchen with your kids!
- Mini naan pizza recipe – when you’re looking for a quick kid friendly meal, this is it 100%
- BLT pizza -we make this pizza all summer when tomatoes were fresh and that made it even that much better. Who doesn’t love the classic combo of ingredients on a BLT Sandwich, so I tried it on a pizza crust and it was so good as a pizza!!
- Taco pizza – Tacos + pizza = love! Who wouldn’t love this combo?! Everyone in my family loves this pizza and I love that they are eating vegetables and probably don’t even notice. Win!
- Prosciutto fig and arugula flatbread – This recipe is such a nice little treat. It comes together easily, but seems so fancy, making it the perfect appetizer at any gathering. Plus, I love the little crunch from the pine nuts.
- Sun-dried tomato clam pizza – If you’re sick of the same old pizza recipes, then this one is for you! The salt from the clams, combined with the fresh basil will become a flavor combination you’ll be dreaming about.
- Fresh herb butter and cheese flatbread I love flatbread because, let’s be honest, it’s pizza but a bit more upscale. If you have a vegetarian in the house, this recipe is one you’ll want to keep on hand. Another one that’s great to make in the summer with fresh herbs from your garden!
- Winter vegetable and sausage pizza – Sure, it’s easy to make delicious pizza in the summer with all of the fresh produce at your disposable, but a delicious winter pizza is more of a trick. This pizza takes all of the best winter ingredients (think squash and pumpkin seeds) and combines them with a few other tasty toppings for a hearty pizza that’ll quickly become a favorite.
I cannot talk about the best pizza recipes without mentioning my father-in-law’s pizza. He grills pizza using a Kettle Pizza grill attachment and I’ve shared three pizzas made with a Kettle pizza in the past. His grilled pizza is incredible!
When I’m making my own pizza at home, the below two recipes are my go-to crust recipes that are a hit every time!
And last but not least, let me leave you with a dessert pizza: peanut butter cookie pizza
I would love to hear what your favorite pizza toppings are – just leave a comment below and let me know!
Clarence Harmon says
Hi, thanks for sharing this awesome piece. I am having trouble measuring salt in my recipes. Can you guide me what to do?
Thanks for the feedback. For salt I’d recommend either using a measuring spoon or just using a generous pinch 🙂
All the best