This slow cooker greek chicken and vegetables is perfect for a set-it-and-forget it dinner that takes you only a few minutes to put together! Come home to deliciously cooked dinner all ready to go.
I have a confession to make: it’s insanely hot out and the last thing I want to do is turn on my stove to make dinner. My kitchen is very small and the thermometer is in the kitchen (genius move to whomever did that by the way) so whenever I’m cooking and baking the temperatures soar in the kitchen, but the rest of the house is like an icebox. It’s almost unbearable, so instead of making something on the stove, I decided to try out making dinner in my slow-cooker (I use this one) and loved putting everything in the slow cooker and then coming home to dinner being done (and me not having to cook).
Not to mention, I am absolutely in love with the flavors of this slow cooker Greek chicken and vegetables dish – the potatoes, bell pepper, artichoke hearts and butternut squash are even more delicious when topped with a hint of lemon, olive oil and Greek seasoning, and because you’re cooking low-and-slow in a slow-cooker, the chicken is incredibly tender. All around an amazing dinner to come home to!
So I have to share something I’ve been doing a little differently (for me) these last few weekends…Friday and all day Saturday I didn’t turn on my computer, like at all, and I have to confess, it’s been glorious!! You see, during the week I work full time and am on my computer all day at work. Then I come home and fire up the good ‘ole laptop and work on blog things (which I truly enjoy doing). But some days it feels like all I’m doing is staring at the computer and working. When I was writing my cookbook my time spent on the computer increased even more, and now that the cookbook is out in the world, and because it’s summertime, I’ve made the commitment to give myself a little break on the weekends. It’s very refreshing and is so nice to just have a full day and then some where I’m not doing anything work related. Like, for example, this past weekend (you can follow along on my Snapchat always to see what I’m up to, username: Sweetphi) we went to a swing park – that’s right, a swing park – how cool is that? There are swings under a bridge, and it was way more fun than I was expecting, and then we took several walks down by the lake – just look at how gorgeous Lake Michigan is, I was in awe, I love Milwaukee and look forward to exploring so much more of the city this summer with my new found weekends.
I’d love to know, do you actively carve out time from your schedule to not work? Do you have any tips? Share with me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer!
The next time you’re looking to come home to a delicious meal – perhaps you’re out exploring a city or have a busy day at work – look no further than this slow cooker Greek chicken and vegetables dish!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Quinoa
- Chicken Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables – Side Dish Recipe
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 lb chicken breasts 3 chicken breasts
- 4 red potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 of a butternut squash peeled and cubed (about 2 cubs)
- 1 jar 6.5 oz quartered and marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- [1 teaspoon Mediterranean spiced sea salt]
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a slow cooker place chicken breasts, potatoes, butternut squash, artichoke hearts (it's ok to pour the liquid in), red bell pepper and press garlic cloves it.
- Juice lemons and pour juice into slow cooker and pour olive oil into the slow cooker.
- Next sprinkle in Greek seasoning, thyme and salt.
- Set slow cooker on low and let cook for 8 hours. Turn heat off, allow to cool for a few minutes and serve