This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m keeping it brief because Baby Sam is here! Read on for a few things I’m extra thankful for and, of course, some recipe inspiration.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I wanted to take a quick minute to let you know how thankful I am for you and for this community. So, thank you for being a part of it and allowing me to run this small business!
And this year, I’m feeling extra thankful because of the birth of Baby Sam!! He was born on November 18th, happy and healthy; 8lbs. 3oz. I will write a full blog post on his birth story soon, but for now – sleep!
My team and I worked extra hard on making sure things were scheduled in advance and ready for you to enjoy, so you shouldn’t miss a beat. For now, enjoy a slightly more brief newsletter so you can get out, enjoy some leftovers and do some shopping.
I’m hopeful that today you get to enjoy some delicious leftovers. If you need a little inspiration, here are some of my favorite leftover recipes:
- Turkey egg rolls – made in an Air Fryer (you can also bake them) and they are seriously delicious
- Leftover skillet – a warm, comforting way to enjoy all those leftovers
- Leftover breakfast sandwich – a classic leftover recipe everyone can enjoy
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com.
- 5 ingredient pumpkin pie – the easiest pumpkin pie recipe
- Weekly meal plan – this meal plan even included what to make on Thanksgiving Day, along with some leftover recipes
- What should I make for Thanksgiving? – In case you needed help planning the menu, we had you covered!
- Air Fryer turkey egg rolls – the best Thanksgiving leftovers dish! Seriously a must-try.
- Gift baskets for everyone on your list – our newest gift guide post all about gift basket ideas for key people in your life, such as the coffee-lover, the hostess and more!
- Love List – the team’s fun finds from throughout the web
Plus, updated gift guides – check them out later in the newsletter!
- I’ve actually been cooking a decent amount and it’s been so nice. I made a batch of energy balls without dates so I could grab a snack and make sure I’m eating during these hectic days. Plus, they freezer great!
- This butternut squash soup is one of my favorites, so I made a batch and made sure I had enough leftovers to freezer for another day.
- And since you can never have enough soup, I also made some minestrone soup.
If you need more convincing to make this leftover skillet, check out what this tip from one of my readers:
- “This sounds yummy. I am going to try this with leftovers. Maybe add a scoop of dressing on top of turkey layer”
A few fun recreations from my readers – I love seeing these tasty Thanksgiving recipes!
- Roasted squash and sweet potatoes
- Cranberry walnut crumb bars
- Pumpkin pecan pie
- 5 ingredient pumpkin pie
Right now, I’m not reading a ton! Just getting in the rhythm of a new baby. But I still have that list of books I can’t wait to start reading this winter:
- Laine Moriarty’s new book Apples Never Fall– I love everything she’s written so I’m sure this will be just as great.
- The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews -it sounds super cute and festive, and it’s a short novella!
- The Intimacy Experiment – is a follow up to The Roommate which was a steamy-ish book with a good story, so on to book two!
- Atlas of the Heart – by Brene Brown – comes out end of November. It’s a book all about emotions and connection. Plus, I have friends who love all of her other books so I’m excited to check this one out.
If you are out shopping this weekend, I’ve got some great ideas in store for you!
We updated all of our gift guides from previous years to include some classics, as well as some newer ideas. You can find all of those guides here:
- Ultimate gift guide for under $50
- Best gift ideas for Toddlers
- Gift options for beauty lovers
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- My Favorite Cookbooks
Plus, we put together a great new post sharing gift baskets for everyone on your list.
You can always shop all of our gift guides plus plenty more ideas here!
- Leftovers of course! This air fryer recipe is my new favorite way to enjoy leftovers – as a turkey egg roll – so good!
- I fit in some time for a movie and watched King Richard – it was fascinating! I definitely recommend watching it.
- It’s a big shopping weekend, so we couldn’t pick just one thing. Check out my Amazon store with all of my favorites!
How was your Thanksgiving? Will you be shopping this weekend? Just leave a comment below and let me know, I love hearing from you!