For those of you who are working on kicking off the New Year with a healthy start, I’m here to help! I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite healthy recipes to make this year.
- Egg Cups – Nick and Ben both love these egg cups. They’re super simple, easy to add-in a variety of vegetables and can be made ahead for meal prep.
- Yogurt Breakfast Bowls – I easily eat these once a week. They are only 5 ingredients and totally versatile.
- Smoothies! What a great way to start each day in the New Year. A few of my favorite smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie – this is my all time fave green smoothie! If you’re looking for a classic green smoothie, my Green Power Smoothie is another great option.
- Cherry Berry Chocolate Smoothie – I’ll be honest, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the cocoa protein powder in this recipe, but if you can make something taste like delicious berries and chocolate AND have it be good for you, I’ll take it!
- Vitamin-C Boost Smoothie – I know my household needs tons of extra Vitamin-C this year. So much sickness going around!
- Power Greens and Potato Breakfast Casserole – a great way to reset after all of the heavy holiday meals! Plus, you’re starting your day packed full of vegetables.
- Breakfast Cookie – quick and healthy and gluten free. Perfect for breakfast of even a snack on the go.
- Banana Berry Chocolate Chip Muffin – store this recipe for summertime when berries are fresh and abundant. Whip up a batch of these muffins and have a healthy snack or breakfast on the go.
- Sweet Potato Burger – this healthy burger can be whipped up in 20 minutes and on the table in a flash.
- Perfectly Baked Salmon – we all know how good salmon is for you and this recipe will help you bake it to perfection each and every time.
- Zucchini and Kale Lasagna – Your vegetarian friends will love this hearty dinner option that’s also gluten free!
- Lentil Vegetable Soup – This slow cooker recipe is consistently one of your (my readers) favorites and when you try it, you’ll see why.
- One pot Thai shrimp and quinoa – one pot = less clean up, totally my kind of meal!
- Spaghetti Squash Pesto “Pasta” – if you haven’t discovered the amazing-ness (yes, I’m making that a word!) of spaghetti squash, just start with this recipe and then make all of the other spaghetti squash recipes out there. It is such a sneaky substitute for high carb noodles and you won’t miss a thing!
- Greek Chickpea Salad in a Jar – loving salads in a jar because they are so easy to grab and take with me to work!
- Turkey Burger on Bagel Thins – this is a super simple burger is perfect for any weeknight meal
- Whole Bowl with Tali Sauce – I’m trying to do more meal prep in the new year, so this is one of many recipes I’ll be adding to my meal prep menus. Plus, it’s vegetarian and gluten free
- Pasta Meal Prep – Yup, more meal prep! These pasta dishes are perfect for lunches and only use 5 ingredients.
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup – You know how much I love my Instant Pot!? This soup is one of my favorite recipes to make in it.
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Quinoa – healthy meals don’t have to lack in flavor and the buffalo in this recipe doesn’t disappoint.
- 5 Ingredient Baked Chicken Parmesan Pasta – A twist on a classic chicken parmesan recipe that’s all prepped in one dish, making clean up a breeze.
- 5 Ingredient Spinach Hummus Feta Wrap – Quick and easy and oh-so healthy!
- 5 Ingredient Pesto Salmon and Rice – this is the perfect dinner to make after a long day – 5 minutes of prep and that’s pretty much it, you’ll have an amazing dinner (this is also a great meal to make and take to a friends house!)
- Arugula chicken potato salad – a fun new way to enjoy a salad
- Buffalo Cauliflower Nugget – This 5 ingredient appetizer is a tricky one. You’d never know that it’s actually not chicken, but cauliflower instead!
- Almond Butter Date Pepita Granola Bar – These granola bars are so good, definitely a favorite along with these homemade banana peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars.
- White Chocolate Peanut Grape Bites – a personal favorite (great for an after school snack or anytime guests come over!)
- No Bake Oatmeal Energy Bites– A sweet and healthy treat I am so in love with!!
I hope these recipes help to kick off your New Year with a healthy start.