This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing some great recipes to enjoy for Mother’s Day, as well as a couple Cinco de Mayo reader comments that will get you in the mood!
But they were so small lol, the kids have grown.
I tried to get a picture, but all 3 in a picture? Near impossible. I’m not above bribing them with an M&M, but even the lure of that didn’t work…except for Ben who tried to awkwardly smile.
It ended with the three of them trying to get wrapped up into a blanket burrito.
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com!
- Cinnamon coffee – 5 ingredients and such a fun treat. Plus, I’m showing you how to make it hot or iced.
- Meal plan – enjoy the weekly meal plan that you can use to plan all of your upcoming meals – complete with grocery list!
- Banana cinnamon roll muffins – this new air fryer recipe is such a fun treat for breakfast or brunch (ok, or even a great sweet snack!)
- Banana Snack Cake- We started making the easiest banana bread muffins but then Ben kept saying he wanted frosting. So, we ended up making my recipe for Banana snack cake with Greek yogurt frosting – so good. When it came time to eat it, guess who was over tired and demanded a peice without frosting lol. I made a small round ‘cake’ for the kids and then made a loaf with the remaining batter. Frosting takes this banana bread to the next level!
- I have a love/not love relationship with French Toast, and honestly could not tell you the last time we made it at home, but this past weekend I made these French toast sticks and yum!! But if we’re being honest, I kind of like this French Toast Casserole better (and it’s easier in casserole form).
What to make:
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and here are a few great ideas that you can enjoy yourself or make for the mother-figure in your life!
- Shortcut Danish pastry – only 5 ingredients and a quick and easy way to make a Danish.
- Make a waffle bar, but maybe use the eggless waffles recipe.
- Quiche – and this recipe can be made ahead and kept in the freezer
- Make Mom’s coffee special with one of these recipes:
Cinco de Mayo is next week, so I’m loving these comments on these two recipes. Both would be fun to make for your Cinco de Mayo celebration this year.
- “I keep coming back for this recipe – it has become a family favourite!”
- “Easy, delicious, filling!”
I loved seeing a reader make my recipe for sourdough pierogi because I had so much fun making them when I created the recipe!
Philips sunrise alarm clock – I’ve mentioned this alarm clock before, but it one of the best purchases we’ve ever made. It wakes you up so peacefully. I swear it makes a difference in starting the day in a nice way vs. a loud alarm.
- I finished Second First Impressions by Sally Thorn. It’s a lighter romance, slower paced, I’d kind of say it was just ok-good, nothing amazing or super good.
- I’m now on to What Comes After by JoAnne Tompkins and eagerly awaiting May 11th when People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry comes out!
Cookbook of the week:
- Cakes by Martha Stewart. This is THE baking book I turn to whenever I want to make a quick cake and want it to come out. Every recipe has been a winner. Ben knows where the book is too, and has started talking about what kind of cake he wants for his birthday in a few months, so he sits in my office and talks to me about different cakes.
- Dinosaur Parking Lot Adventure. We took the kids to see something called a Dinosaur Safari – which was literally plastic dinosaurs in a parking lot. As an adult, it seemed like the stupidest thing ever. But..for the kids? They had a blast. It was SO SO SO CUTE to hear them gasping and saying “wow” at the dinosaurs!
- Frankie got a little dinosaur stuffed animal from the dino exhibit and carries it around everywhere and makes the cutest little “roar” sounds when she waves it.
- Outside snacks and randoms – as the weather warms up, I’ve been trying to take the kids outside more. They love sitting outside in their little chairs and having snack time. Frankie and Ben are really cute when they race around the living room.
- Oh, and Freddie needs a haircut but I don’t want to cut those glorious curls.
- I hear it’s rhubarb season. This cake I shared last year…definitely worth making!!!
- A reader recommended Virgin River and I have been LOVING this sweet show. Nick joked that it was like a Hallmark movie, but since it’s not Christmasy I don’t need to feel weird watching it in spring lol. I am honestly loving this show, it’s sweet and cute and the music score is really on point.
- The same reader told me there’s a book series the show is based on, so now I want to go read them ALL (here is book 1 of 21!)
- Time for the kids to all get some water shoes/socks so that we can play in kiddie pools and go to a lake (hopefully soon!!)