Wow. This is a special one. It’s the 100th Catching up with the Kelnhofers I’ve posted!!! Whether you’re new here or it’s your 100th time visiting, THANK YOU!!! This community wouldn’t be the same without you, and I’m truly appreciative.
When thinking about what to make in the summer, I sometimes draw a blank, do you too? Here are some of my favorite go-tos in the summer:
- Watermelon salsa is a refreshing side dish for any summer bbq.
- Summer melon salad mixes both sweet and savory fruits and vegetables and has an awesome vinaigrette
- Antipasto skewers are a great app that can be made ahead of time and served cold!
- Tomato cucumber salad is my go-to side for any grilled meat and so so good!
- Fresh herb butter and tomato flatbread is one I’m constantly making in the summer and using different herb and veggie combinations – the herb butter acts as the sauce, so good
- Grilled citrus drumsticks for a super affordable and tasty grilled dish, try these drumsticks!
- Roasted vegetable lasagna is how I use all those amazing veggies that I don’t really know what to do with, and this is one of those meals you can make once and then eat all week or freeze for later because it freezes/thaws so well!
- Summer sangria refreshing and so summery (you can mix and match the fruit!
- Lemonade pie this was a recreation based on a recipe a reader shared with me. So refreshing and perfect for summer
- Looking for more inspiration? I put together a list of recipes that are great to make in the summer!
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com!
- Instant Pot artichokes – A fun and easy way to make a delicious artichoke
- Weekly meal plan – now with an even easier way to click all recipes and pull a grocery list.
- Sprinkle cookies – made with whole wheat flour to make them just a toouuuch healthier! A great recipe to make with kids.
- Homemade ketchup – quick to put together, healthier than store-bought and only 5 ingredients.
- Love List – the SweetPhi team’s favorite finds from around the web.
- Dinner sides roundup – a quick and easy list of side dishes to make alongside your favorite meal.
- Carrot ranch dip – based off a dipping sauce at a restaurant, it’s such a good dip or spread!!
- Easy baked brie – I needed a quick last minute app, and this fit the bill perfectly. You can use pepper jelly or any jam you’d like, we tried it with sour cherry jelly and yum!
This recipe is one of my very favorites, so I’m always happy to see a reader love it too!
- “Thanks for sharing your recipe! These were amazing! I used homemade caramel and reduced a bit of sugar. The first batch was finished before they had time to cool down properly.”
- These bottle holders are such space savers and great for storing water bottles in a cabinet.
- Good Company was recommended to me and is next on my list, I didn’t get a chance to start it last week, but I just downloaded it. “A warm, incisive new novel about the enduring bonds of marriage and friendship from Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney, author of the instant New York Times best seller The Nest”
- What If You & Me – this is book 2 in the Say Everything series by my favorite steamy romance author Roni Loren. It comes out July 21st and I have my preorder in, cannot wait! I normally don’t like series books, but hers are so good!
- Freddie’s fall. You’ll notice in some of the pictures that Freddie has some scrapes on his face. Poor little guy fell outside on a stick. It was scary and we’re so grateful he’s ok.
- Kids’ big birthday round 2. We had a family celebration/party for the kids’ birthday. They are very lucky to have such good friends/family in their lives. We made brats/hot/dogs/burgers and kept things very simple for the food, and my sisters in law (their aunts) made them each a cake!
- Spin scooters- workout for parents. The kids got really great presents, among them were these Spin Scooters and the next day Nick got really good workout when we went outside and he pushed the kids up and down the driveway – they had a blast!
- 4th of July. It was SO HOT here this weekend, but we did get to go to a little 4th of July bbq and had a fun time lounging around.
- This 5 ingredient pimento cheese spread is a great dip to have on hand in the fridge. Great for a last minute app or spread for a burger (so good!)
- Yoga time. Not even kidding, Ben remembered that one time we tried to do kids yoga last year (we did Cosmic Kids Yoga on Youtube) and he asked to do it randomly, so I put it on and to my surprise, all three kids did it, it was so cute!
- I know I recently mentioned this outdoor waterproof wireless speaker…we got it and it’s AMAZING. We’re going to get another one so we can have one playing outside and one inside.
- Also, this playlist is lovely. I listen to it when I’m working or when we’re outside grilling.